First Time Cruiser - Celebrity Summit May 20th

BMDcruiser

Hi Everyone! Just a few questions for my upcoming cruise in 9 days!I 'm traveling with a friend for another friend's wedding.

1. Are we able to come and go as we please when docked in Bermuda?

2. What is the taxi situation? I've heard its not THAT terrible but I also heard the the swizzles/mopeds aren't safe because of the speed of the other drivers around you.

3. For the life of me, I cannot find that in included in my cruise fare. I'm worried what my post-cruise expenses will look like. Just a quick generic list would be appreciated!

4. What is the one thing we should do on Bermuda?

5. Any other advice for a first timer would be appreciated!!

TIA! :D:D

Hi,

There are a couple of forums you should have a look at:

Bermuda Port Forum

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196

The port forum has a lot of great information.

May 20 Roll Call

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2457359

You will find some additional information on this forum and will be able to interact with your fellow cruisers who are on board.

Hi Everyone! Just a few questions for my upcoming cruise in 9 days!I 'm traveling with a friend for another friend's wedding.

1. Are we able to come and go as we please when docked in Bermuda?

2. What is the taxi situation? I've heard its not THAT terrible but I also heard the the swizzles/mopeds aren't safe because of the speed of the other drivers around you.

3. For the life of me, I cannot find that in included in my cruise fare. I'm worried what my post-cruise expenses will look like. Just a quick generic list would be appreciated!

4. What is the one thing we should do on Bermuda?

5. Any other advice for a first timer would be appreciated!!

TIA! :D:D

You can come and go as you please.

Never had problem with taxis. I was a Police Officer and drove a bike at work and I would never drive one of the scooters in Bermuda. You will probably see someone on your cruise who has abrasions down one side of the body from the scooters.

I would visit the beaches and make sure I get to both Hamilton and St George. Bermuda also has a street fair in Hamilton one evening. Forget what night but I’m sure someone will chime in.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Here are a few things that are covered in the base fare of your cruise...

1) Meals in the Main Dining Room (MDR) - breakfast and dinner are served every day. May be closed for lunch on port days

2) Meals in the Ocean View Cafe (OVC, or "buffet") - open nearly all day

3) The basic coffee and tea (coffee and drinks at the Cafe al Bacio are at cost, unless you have a beverage package)

4) Burgers, hot dogs and french fries at the pool

5) Shows in the main theatre, and music/bands in the lounges

6) Most games and entertainment around the shop (trivia, etc.)

7) You may be able to eat at Blu or Luminae depending on your room (Concierge, Suites, etc.)

8) Pastries, cookies, etc. at Cafe al Bacio are FREE

9) I believe room service is free, except during late night hours.

10) Use of the pools and adult-only solarium (must use!)

11) Fitness center

Typical things that cost extra:

1) Alcohol and soda (unless you have a beverage package)

2) Dining in the "up charge" restaurants like Sushi on 5, Tuscan Grille, or Qsine

3) Wine blending classes, and perhaps a couple other enrichment activities.

4) Bottled water - unless you have a beverage package, in which case it is free

5) Anything from the in-room refrigerator

6) Spa services

Hope that helps. Enjoy your first cruise! Ask away with questions....everyone on Cruise Critic is very helpful! :cool:

Taxis on Bermuda are available but very expensive, many if not most visitors use public transportation which is easy to do. You can take the ferry over to Hamilton and another around the island to St George, both are well worth doing for the rides as well as the destinations. The bus system is great and easy to navigate, will take you anywhere you need to go. You can buy single ride tickets or day passes that cover all the public transportation, info on this will be available on the ship as well as the Bermuda Ports of Call forum here on Cruise Critic. Have fun --- Bermuda is lovely, one of the prettiest places I've ever seen!