How to upgrade from Classic to Premium Beverage Package

Luv2Crus40

We have free classic beverage package as a perk for our September cruise. We want to upgrade to premium, especially asap before drink package increases?

Also on website it says classic drink package is "up to $$55 per day plus gratuities." What does this mean - are drinks going to be limited now?

Thanks.

• Like 1

I haven’t heard anywhere that the price will be increasing. I will have to ask my TA. If it is true one should be able to do it on line.....as far as your other question, there is a classic non alcoholic package as well, which is cheaper, so I think that’s what is meant by “up to” $55.

I looked before and didn't find the upgrade option. We have several weeks before we pay for the cruise. Does that make a difference? However, when I go online it does show our OBC.

Thanks for all the replies.

I looked before and didn't find the upgrade option. We have several weeks before we pay for the cruise. Does that make a difference? However, when I go online it does show our OBC.

Thanks for all the replies.

Go to your cruise planner and pick the plan you want. We like to upgrade before so we get the upgraded package on our sea passes instead of a sticker.

• Like 1

Go to your cruise planner and pick the plan you want. We like to upgrade before so we get the upgraded package on our sea passes instead of a sticker.

The Cruiseplanner doesn’t seem to know we have a free classic package, so it only wants to sell the full price package, not upgrade from the free perk. Did your cruiseplanner show the upgrade option?

The Cruiseplanner doesn’t seem to know we have a free classic package, so it only wants to sell the full price package, not upgrade from the free perk. Did your cruiseplanner show the upgrade option?

I’ve never seen the option to upgrade from Classic to Premium either. Only the option to purchase a new package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The moment you get on board the ship, find your way to the nearest bar and tell the bartender you want to upgrade to the premium beverage package. The bartender will be able to do it right there using your SeaPass card. The additional cost will be deducted from any onboard credit you may have. It's super easy to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

The moment you get on board the ship, find your way to the nearest bar and tell the bartender you want to upgrade to the premium beverage package. The bartender will be able to do it right there using your SeaPass card. The additional cost will be deducted from any onboard credit you may have. It's super easy to do.

You can also call Celebrity and do it on the phone and the upgrade can be done with your onboard credit.

• Like 1

For many of us who received the "classic" beverage package as a perk, yes, we want to upgrade to the "premium" package. You cannot do this on-line. I have done this upgrade on my last seven or eight cruises. You just call Celebrity, tell them you want to upgrade to the "premium" package, and they will do it for you. The cost currently is $10 per day, plus the 18% gratuity. Even if you used a travel agent, you can still do this yourself. You need not go through the travel agent.

Super easy to do, but you need to call.

• Like 1

For many of us who received the "classic" beverage package as a perk, yes, we want to upgrade to the "premium" package. You cannot do this on-line. I have done this upgrade on my last seven or eight cruises. You just call Celebrity, tell them you want to upgrade to the "premium" package, and they will do it for you. The cost currently is $10 per day, plus the 18% gratuity. Even if you used a travel agent, you can still do this yourself. You need not go through the travel agent.

Thank you for the info :)

I upgraded last week online. Went into cruise planner and it was offered. But that was within a month of the cruise so could explain it. And I booked via a travel agent.

Note that the prices are increasing so best to do now over the phone rather than waiting.

We also did the upgrade online recently, when we logged in to our mycelebrity page there was a link in the cruise planner section[emoji483][emoji41]

If you upgrade on the ship, the person who does the upgrade will get a bonus from Celebrity. So pick a bar where you expect to spend your time and upgrade with that bartender. You'll get great service from him/her for the duration of the cruise.

• Like 2

I just called Celebrity here in the UK to see about upgrading to Premium. They confirmed my fear that the upgrade is not included in this weekend's flash sale.

I would have upgraded if it had of been but for now I will stick to plan A which is to see whether I like the wine choices available with the Classic package and upgrade on board (even with the new prices from tomorrow) if the wine options are too limited. We don't drink many spirits so I am happy to pay the added extra for any occasional cocktail or G & T that costs more than the $9 limit for the Classic package.

I just called Celebrity here in the UK to see about upgrading to Premium. They confirmed my fear that the upgrade is not included in this weekend's flash sale.

I would have upgraded if it had of been but for now I will stick to plan A which is to see whether I like the wine choices available with the Classic package and upgrade on board (even with the new prices from tomorrow) if the wine options are too limited. We don't drink many spirits so I am happy to pay the added extra for any occasional cocktail or G & T that costs more than the $9 limit for the Classic package.

There were reports elsewhere that there will be an increase in the price of the premium package and that difference is changing between the two packages is changing from 10 dollars to 14 dollars daily. So if you wanted to upgrade there may be a financial gain in doing it now.

Some have also said that VAT may be added on board but not sure if that is the case.

I’ve never seen the option to upgrade from Classic to Premium either. Only the option to purchase a new package.

They have not applied the promo to your account yet. You need to call. We called, he applied the promo and used our OBC to upgrade us in a couple minutes.

I wasnt able to upgrade online. So I called in and upgraded my husband.

About two hours later, I went back into the cruise planner and I saw a "Upgrade now" option. Gee, thanks Celebrity.

Were you able to upgrade his only or do you have to upgrade both of them?