Cost of Rome Transfers

CruisePrincess6

There is no set fee for a private transfer and I've seen a wide range quoted on these boards.

For a shared shuttle transport for two (pickup at hotel), the cost ranges from 70-90 euro per couple.

For a private car and driver for two, it's more in the vicinity of 120-150 euros for two people.

There are several highly recommended private transfers frequently mentioned on this board. Any one of them is fine.

As a solo, the price of a private car is a bit much for me, but I've occasionally used a shared shuttle and also have set up transfers with them for my older parents, for whom the train wouldn't be feasible. Romashuttle.com has always been reliable for me.

Cruisemom42--Do I need to find others to share ride from hotel to port or just ask to book a shared ride. Many years ago we used Rome IN Limo for just the 2 of us. Prices have risen and would prefer to share but no response from Roll Call.

No, you simply request a shared shuttle transfer. There may be one or two other parties that end up sharing the ride. Or not -- one time I was the only passenger. (Still paid the shared price.)

In 2016, we asked Albergo del Senato for a private car for 2 people to the hotel. The charge was €165.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

It may have been excellent service, but I just cannot see paying more than twice as much as a shared shuttle for what basically amounts to a transfer from one place to another.

We used TiberLimo from port to hotel and then from hotel to airport later in the week. They were able to add a custom driving tour of Rome before dropping us at the hotel. Their website lists the driving tour as an add-on but we changed the list to what we wanted to see. The driver had huge umbrellas out at every stop we made.

We found a company called Shared Shuttle who have 65€ for 2 people from our hotel to the Civitavecchia port. As more people sign up, the price goes down. We’re down to 60€ now as another couple is joining us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums