Escape with my mom: Haven Spa Suite or bid on upgrade?

kit125

I'm cruising with my mom on the July 1 Escape sailing with my mom. We have a Haven Spa Suite confirmed, but I just got the email to big on upgrades to H2, H3, or H4. Thoughts about keeping that or bidding on upgrade? She really liked the idea of the jacuzzi en suite. But will it be too tight for the two of us? I think I read that the Spa Suite comes with access to the Spa. Does that not come with other Haven suites? We like using the Spa when traveling. What are advantages (besides space) of the upgrade categories? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks and happy cruising!

The Spa Suite is the only category that includes spa access. My adult daughter and I have stayed in those suites a few times and it’s not tight at all. Categories H4 and H2 are in the Haven proper so they’re closer to the restaurant and the courtyard. Since mom likes a the idea of a jacuzzi in the suite and you enjoy using the spa, I would keep what you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm cruising with my mom on the July 1 Escape sailing with my mom. We have a Haven Spa Suite confirmed, but I just got the email to big on upgrades to H2, H3, or H4. Thoughts about keeping that or bidding on upgrade? She really liked the idea of the jacuzzi en suite. But will it be too tight for the two of us? I think I read that the Spa Suite comes with access to the Spa. Does that not come with other Haven suites? We like using the Spa when traveling. What are advantages (besides space) of the upgrade categories? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks and happy cruising!

'

I would keep the Spa Suite, otherwise, you will lose your access to the spa.

If your asking if the jetted tub will be too small for the both of you then more than likely, yes.

I'm imagining a romantic Mother/daughter soak in the bathtub.....lol

The room itself is a good size, even with the tub taking up one corner. However, all of those other rooms have the added benefit of a 2nd bathroom, which is a huge help with 2 people trying to get ready at the same time.

You can always buy spa passes if you decide you want to hang out there, but the Escape haven is huge, and there is normally plenty of space for quietly lounging. As for the in room tub - I'm not sure if your mom has thought through the logistics - there is no privacy curtain or anything, and the bed is like 2 feet away from the tub. So there will be no privacy for the soaking person, unless the other person is not in the room. Not sure how important privacy would be for the soaker, but something to think about.

The only thing that "might" matter is that the bed in the spa suite cannot be split. Which you may not care about. Otherwise, I see no reason to upgrade. The other rooms are closer to the Haven, but it's not like the spa suites are far away. You walk out the door and up a flight of stairs and you are at the Haven. It's right there. And if you like the spa access, why pay for an upgrade AND pay for the spa access, too? I don't see the point. The spa rooms are the best deal in the Haven.

Thanks everyone! Some of your responses made me chuckle! :)

I meant to ask if the SUITE would be too small for us....not the tub! :)

Privacy is a good observation, but we would go in the hot tub in public space in our swimsuits. We could do same in the room.

Not sure spending even more money on a bigger room plus having to pay for spa access would make my trip relaxing (though mom would love it!). But I'm pretty confident she'll be happy with this too. Only thing I'm really concerned about now is that we have would have to take stairs to get into The Haven. Is there an elevator? She's had a hip replacement and sometimes some stability issues. She's mobile, but I'm a little nervous.

Thanks again to all!

Thanks everyone! Some of your responses made me chuckle! :)

I meant to ask if the SUITE would be too small for us....not the tub! :)

Privacy is a good observation, but we would go in the hot tub in public space in our swimsuits. We could do same in the room.

Not sure spending even more money on a bigger room plus having to pay for spa access would make my trip relaxing (though mom would love it!). But I'm pretty confident she'll be happy with this too. Only thing I'm really concerned about now is that we have would have to take stairs to get into The Haven. Is there an elevator? She's had a hip replacement and sometimes some stability issues. She's mobile, but I'm a little nervous.

Thanks again to all!

It's just one small set of stairs. However, they are right next to the forward elevator bank. So an elevator is right there, too.