Platinum benefits extended to whole booking?

mstotts

My family has a cruise coming up in August and one of us will be platinum on this sailing. We know that they get priority embarkation, but we were wondering if that extends to the whole cabin and even the whole booking since we have two cabins. All the rest of us will still be gold and one person in our booking will be red. If anyone knows and would like to share your knowledge that would be awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

With the exception, if they are your children, children of priority booking can board with their parents.

Children under the age of 18 - over the age of 18 do not get priority booking if they are in another cabin

My family has a cruise coming up in August and one of us will be platinum on this sailing. We know that they get priority embarkation, but we were wondering if that extends to the whole cabin and even the whole booking since we have two cabins. All the rest of us will still be gold and one person in our booking will be red. If anyone knows and would like to share your knowledge that would be awesome!

Look at your boarding pass- you will see your cabin as priority. Everyone in that cabin will have that on their boarding pass-- the other cabin NO

Those in your cabin only, you could split plats./diamonds, one in each cabin if you wanted to put benes. in both cabins!

Hi, my wife and I are platinum, we were travelling with two other couples in separate cabins, I asked the Carnival rep if they could follow us to the Captain's Lounge and they said sure. They even embark with us. I would just ask it can't hurt. Have fun

In the past, I am Platinum my mother and 8 year old daughter (Both Gold) were in a separate cabin. They would not allow them to go with me to the Platinum longue. This was in Baltimore. I elected to stay with them.

Hi, my wife and I are platinum, we were travelling with two other couples in separate cabins, I asked the Carnival rep if they could follow us to the Captain's Lounge and they said sure. They even embark with us. I would just ask it can't hurt. Have fun

They will not be allowed in. I'm Platinum and travelled with family members in separate cabins and unless they have the "Priority" on their boarding passes, they will not be allowed in the Captain's Lounge. Miami is extremely strict on this now.

Only the cabin housing the platinum member gets priority. We just traveled with friends who are gold. We didn't arrive at the port until sometime between 12-12:30. There was no waiting at all, so we boarded together. Our cabin was ready when we boarded. There's was almost ready (it was next door).

Next year, we will be with our family in 4 different cabins. We will likely plan to arrive in port around 12:30ish, avoid any need for the priority lounge & board together.

Our reason for wanting to board together is to get that welcome aboard photo taken together. Even when we used the priority lounge a couple of years ago, we still waited at the photo spot for our friends.

I would assume that carnival minors are under 21 as they can not book a cabin by themselves-- unless they were with a parent or guardian..

I have found this to be true. When my oldest was over 18 and youngest under, and still gold, we were allowed to board under my Platinum status. For Carnival purposes, with some exceptions that have been mentioned above, everyone in the cabin must be over 21, or have at least one 25 year old, for it to be allowed as an independent booking. So, I would say unless you met Carnivals rules for independent booking, then the cabin boards with the guardian.

In the OPs situation, I don't think there are any benefits for the whole group traveling with Platinum - there are too many to even take advantage of the priority tender.

Only the Platinum guests (or those in the cabin of the Platinum guest or their minor children traveling in a separate cabin). If they allowed everyone traveling with the Platinum guests to receive the same benefit, it would defeat the purpose of the program and would dilute the reward that the Platinum guests have earned.

There are things your party can enjoy with you like one-way priority tendering. Each platinum guest can take up to five with them. The same applies to priority self-debarkation. We've enjoyed that perk many times taking family and friends.

In Grand Cayman we invite our dinner table guests and give away Zone One luggage tags.

In the past, I am Platinum my mother and 8 year old daughter (Both Gold) were in a separate cabin. They would not allow them to go with me to the Platinum longue. This was in Baltimore. I elected to stay with them.

You were denied for one simple reason, the fact that there was an over 25 yr "guardian" in the same cabin. The priority benefit only extends to another cabin when all cabinmates there are minors in Carnival's eye.

Thank you all for all the responses. I think we have concluded that only the people in the cabin with the platinum member will receive priority anything so we will just opt to stay together. Not a huge deal for us since we usually get to the port early enough where we don’t wait long anyways. We aren’t people who need to be the first on board but we were just wondering since it is a new benefit to us. And to respond to one person yes, we are aware that priority is the only benefit extended to other guests in the cabin and that only the platinum member receives the rest of the benefits. We are really excited to start our vacation on the Dream for the second time and can’t wait to have a great cruise!

Thank you all for all the responses. I think we have concluded that only the people in the cabin with the platinum member will receive priority anything so we will just opt to stay together.

Again depending on the port the cabin with the platinum passenger may still be required to go through the priority check-in lounge as that could be where those S&S cards are. BUT after check-in you can go and wait with the other cabin in the general boarding area.