Wine Question... Do you bring your own from Home or do you buy close by the ship?

Sailing out of Bayonne, Cape Liberty, in June 1st, going on the AdOTS and wondering... should I pack my 2 wine bottles (and check them with the Airline) or should I wait until I get to NJ, and find a wine store to get the wine there?... Is there anything around the port in NJ??? Never traveled out of that pier, so I am not sure what to expect...

I've done both. I've flown with wine in my suitcase (using a wine diaper) and never had any issues. If we're driving I just bring it along (doing that this summer from Bayonne). Last year we flew out of Vancouver and because it was an international flight the weight concerned me so we just bought wine locally before we boarded.

I don't know Bayonne but if you check the East Coast Departures board you will probably find your answer.

Since you're flying, and if you are arriving a day in advance, I would buy in NJ. We live in NJ so take from home. When sailing out of other ports we buy when we get there. Never pack in luggage.

Another thought if you arriving the day you sail, how are you getting from the airport to the ship? Can you stop on the way from the airport, assuming you have time and a way to get to the store. No store at the port. Not sure either if any stores at the airport after you deplane. Enjoy your trip.

Unless we were boarding the ship on the day we were flying, we always purchase wine in the place where we are boarding the ship. You will have to research where you can go to find a store that sells wine. One time we were in Amsterdam so we took our rolling carry on bag with us so that once we purchased our wine, we would have the rolling bag to carry it back to the hotel as well as any other souvenirs should we find something we wanted.

I’ve done both but prefer to buy local. I just sailed out of Cape Liberty and packed my own since I did not see anywhere convenient to Cape Liberty. I probably could have asked our Uber driver to find us some place but packing two bottles using the wine diapers worked fine.

Sailing out of Bayonne, Cape Liberty, in June 1st, going on the AdOTS and wondering... should I pack my 2 wine bottles (and check them with the Airline) or should I wait until I get to NJ, and find a wine store to get the wine there?... Is there anything around the port in NJ??? Never traveled out of that pier, so I am not sure what to expect...

We used to live in NJ and have sailed out of Bayonne numerous times.

One stop light after you pass Port Terminal Blvd, the road that goes to the cruise terminal, there's a shopping center. There's a Wine Warehouse where you can purchase your wine for the cruise. Just ask your driver to stop there on the way to dropping you off at the cruise terminal. Attached is google map for your reference. Buy 4 bottles and bring on board 2 bottles each going thru separate security lines. Hope this helps.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Cape+Liberty+Cruise+Port,+4+Port+Terminal+Blvd,+Bayonne,+NJ+07002/Wine+Warehouse,+Lefante+Way,+Bayonne,+NJ/@40.6685994,-74.0994442,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x89c25036a072a74d:0xf88fd20c29c0071f!2m2!1d-74.0725745!2d40.6648735!1m5!1m1!1s0x89c251dd19473501:0x96f1a161548579de!2m2!1d-74.1047576!2d40.6666106!3e0