Random questions

moongal

Question 1

We are in a grand suite and will have 4 people in the room so will be using the sofa bed. Do the stewards return the sofa bed back into a sofa every day or leave it set up as a bed the entire time? I would really like to have it put away each day, so we have more space. If this is not the common practice, would it be asking too much for them to do this? (Would tip extra).

Question 2

We also have a FTTF pass because I like to be able to put luggage down. On shore days does that give you priority getting off the ship? I think I read it gives you priority tendering but wondered if that applied to leaving the ship on port days. We have an early excursion scheduled at one port and was wondering if there was some kind of priority exit available for FTTF?

Question 3

At Mr.Sanchos all-inclusive, do you tip the server every time they bring you something or one time at the end? Do you get better service if you tip each time?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On question #1, the steward will make the sofa bed back into a couch each day unless you ask them not to. I think FBW covered your other two questions rather well. ;)

That is funny because we have had the opposite experience. They left it as a bed unless we asked them not to. 🙂

Has anyone ever specifically asked the steward to convert back to sofa each day? I don’t want to be a pest or unduly hard on the steward. I suppose I could have him show me how it is done (if it’s not like a normal sofa bed) and I would be happy to take care of it myself.

Has anyone ever specifically asked the steward to convert back to sofa each day? I don’t want to be a pest or unduly hard on the steward. I suppose I could have him show me how it is done (if it’s not like a normal sofa bed) and I would be happy to take care of it myself.

Search this question. Someone else asked it today and said they tipped the steward to do it everyday.

You don't need to tip extra to have the sofa bed put away daily...it's what they are supposed to do. If they don't, simply ask them to do it. They will. It's part of the service they are supposed to provide.

Question 1

We are in a grand suite and will have 4 people in the room so will be using the sofa bed. Do the stewards return the sofa bed back into a sofa every day or leave it set up as a bed the entire time? I would really like to have it put away each day, so we have more space. If this is not the common practice, would it be asking too much for them to do this? (Would tip extra).

Question 2

We also have a FTTF pass because I like to be able to put luggage down. On shore days does that give you priority getting off the ship? I think I read it gives you priority tendering but wondered if that applied to leaving the ship on port days. We have an early excursion scheduled at one port and was wondering if there was some kind of priority exit available for FTTF?

Question 3

At Mr.Sanchos all-inclusive, do you tip the server every time they bring you something or one time at the end? Do you get better service if you tip each time?

Thanks!

When we used the couch as a bed, they just left it as a bed during the day. Personally, the only thing we use the couch for is as a catch all for shoes, purses, shawls, bags, etc... so that's fine with me. All they do is take the back cushions off and add sheets, pillows, comforter. So you don't actually gain any space by having it made back into a couch.

FTTF gives you priority in tender ports only. It doesn't give you priority in docked ports nor does it give you priority on tenders from port back to the ship.

Even if its only one dollar bills, you will get better service both onboard and at your excursion if you hand him a dollar bill each time. I find this to be true onboard as well, or do it and go to the same bar each time.

If you have a early excursion thru Carnival you will get priority over FTTF and priority loyalty guests both. They will take those with carnival excursions first then platinum and diamond onto the tenders for sure, ive seen it.

If you did not book it with Carnival, then idk the order they take people.

Most people meet their room steward on day 1. The steward will introduce himself/herself to you. That is the ideal time to ask any questions you may have, and ask about having the sofa bed put away during the daytime. It's not necessary to tip extra.

We enjoyed having a Grand Suite. I'm sure you will as well.

What is Mr Sanchos?

It’s a beachside resort in Cozumel. For $55 pp you can get unlimited beverages (including ALL alcoholic ones), food (good stuff from their restaurant), and water toys. It’s a really nice upscale resort that offers additional excursions like horseback riding and ATV’s.

On question #1, the steward will make the sofa bed back into a couch each day unless you ask them not to. I think FBW covered your other two questions rather well. ;)

I have found the exact opposite to be true. Personally, I just returned it to a couch myself when we woke up in the morning and left the comforter folded to the side. Took like 2 minutes and I didn't have to wait for it to be done at 10-11 am whenever the steward got to the room. And yes, I tipped extra.

When we used the couch as a bed, they just left it as a bed during the day. Personally, the only thing we use the couch for is as a catch all for shoes, purses, shawls, bags, etc... so that's fine with me. All they do is take the back cushions off and add sheets, pillows, comforter. So you don't actually gain any space by having it made back into a couch.

FTTF gives you priority in tender ports only. It doesn't give you priority in docked ports nor does it give you priority on tenders from port back to the ship.

Was this a grand suite? All the grand suites I have stayed in, the couch was a true pull out couch, where the bed part retracted; it slept 2. The couch in the balconies and other rooms seems to be what you are referring to.