Reservations for 7

We are cruising on the Getaway in January with our daughter and her family. We both got the UDP and want to dine together. Should we just book separately for the same time and have them put us together when we get to the restaurant or is there another option.

P.S. We always book 5:30 and when arriving at the restaurants they are always empty as this seems to be a less desirable time for most people.

One of you can make the reservations. You can make a booking for more people than are in your cabin no problem.

You may find that the system only shows fairy limited availability for 7, as odd numbers often cause a problem. We travel as a group of 3, and often have to book for 4 and then adjust onboard.

I would book for all of you rather than make separate reservations, in case they have trouble getting a big enough table for all of you at short notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simple rule of thumb - if booking in person (phone) book the exact number in your party.

If booking online - if the number in the party is odd book the next even number up to the

maximum of 8.

If booking more than 8 - make two bookings splitting the party and once on board visit

the Dining Reservations Desk to consolidate them.

In any event once on board discuss the reservation booking with the Reservation desk

or go directly to the restaurant and make the specific arrangements required.

In the case of booking 8 when 7 is required - there will be no charge and the seating

adjusted accordingly.

With FreeStyle dining there is a great deal more flexibility than with fixed seating times

that other cruise ship lines have.

For dining reservations problems occurring after a Meet & Greet (Roll Call) party get the

name and phone contact of the ships Reservation Manager for help.

This is the best place and time after boarding to getting reservation issues fixed and know

who to go to - to get it done !

I have a group of 7 and all in Haven but booking for 7 is a nightmare on NCL. Since we have 2 rooms, can't do it online so had to use the Haven concierge. However, the concierge cant seem to be able to put in 7 everywhere (ie Tepanyaki) and the times are all over the place even though we simply want 7pm each night. These troubles even though we reserved about 100 days out. Their comment is that once onboard the Haven concierge will make everything correct. Seems strange that they just can't put it in correctly from the get go. Now we have a bit of stress that it won't be corrected.

Since we have 2 rooms, can't do it online

Yes you can.

If reservations for 7 aren’t available it may be because they have all gone, but it won’t be anything to do with having 2 rooms.

As a Haven guest, we are allowed to make our reservations 100-days out and on that day I called the concierge to make reservations for shows and dinners they had an awfully hard time booking for 7 people and couldn't even get the right times. I still think Tepanyaki is scheduled for 6 people at 5:30pm (instead of 7 people at 7pm). This is 100-days out so I don't fully believe they didn't have availability. I've called multiple times since to make sure the reservations were fixed and they weren't--in fact, one of the reservations was lost altogether and had to be recreated. I'm expecting that the Haven concierge, once we board the boat, will fix everything and we'll be happy. Otherwise, it's going to be a big problem. If you're not in the Haven then I can only imagine how difficult it will be to get a reservation for 7 corrected once you board. For sure will take a ton of your time--which is valuable while on vacation. Ugh!

This might not be indicative of the reservation process for everyone, but this was my example.

As a Haven guest, we are allowed to make our reservations 100-days out and on that day I called the concierge to make reservations for shows and dinners they had an awfully hard time booking for 7 people and couldn't even get the right times. I still think Tepanyaki is scheduled for 6 people at 5:30pm (instead of 7 people at 7pm). This is 100-days out so I don't fully believe they didn't have availability. I've called multiple times since to make sure the reservations were fixed and they weren't--in fact, one of the reservations was lost altogether and had to be recreated. I'm expecting that the Haven concierge, once we board the boat, will fix everything and we'll be happy. Otherwise, it's going to be a big problem. If you're not in the Haven then I can only imagine how difficult it will be to get a reservation for 7 corrected once you board. For sure will take a ton of your time--which is valuable while on vacation. Ugh!

This might not be indicative of the reservation process for everyone, but this was my example.

How long ago was this?

Reservations open for the Haven at 130 days now, and for non Haven at 120 days, so if this was in the last couple of months many reservations will have already been taken if you were booking at 100 days.

Cruise is June 7th, so early March or late February. It wasn't more than 100-days because we got notifications about the availability and noted that we needed to get it all done before the 90-day mark when they seem to open things up to others on the boat. There's definitely something about their software that doesn't like reservations for 7. Probably have the same issue with 5 too.

Cruise is June 7th, so early March or late February. It wasn't more than 100-days because we got notifications about the availability and noted that we needed to get it all done before the 90-day mark when they seem to open things up to others on the boat. There's definitely something about their software that doesn't like reservations for 7. Probably have the same issue with 5 too.

Absolutely. There are problems with odd numbers. We are a group of 3, and usually book for 4 and then change it when onboard.

We are cruising on the Getaway in January with our daughter and her family. We both got the UDP and want to dine together. Should we just book separately for the same time and have them put us together when we get to the restaurant or is there another option.

P.S. We always book 5:30 and when arriving at the restaurants they are always empty as this seems to be a less desirable time for most people.

We had 10 people on our Getaway vacation and I made reservations for all of us. I thought Le Bistro might have to be two tables since it is smaller, but they managed everywhere. I am surprised you find 5:30 empty, as that is our preferred time and we had to book way ahead to get it.

The Haven concierge onboard will be able to fix anything you need. That Haven Concierge that you can call ahead 100 days out or whatever, when you get the letter..........is absolutely useless. If you call ahead by phone, they can only help you with reservations you could book yourself thru the online system, they don't go above and beyond in any way at all. Totally useless!

But once onboard your Haven conceige will be able to work anything. They will call down to the resteraunt directly if they can't do it automatically thru their system. Don't worry.