Diamond Princess

Jani49

I am really bewildered that there has not been any conversations re private excursions on July 19 cruise from Yokohama. Has everyone decided to shore excursions via the ship. The only reason I ask is because when we were on Sapphire Princess in February we went on private excursions with like minded people.

Regards

Jani49

Jan and Warren

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are also on a Diamond cruise and the board is very very quiet. We did get a couple of small groups for 2 excursions but will also be doing ship excursions. I expect that Americans are in small numbers

When we did the Diamond in Japan, the passengers were about half from North America and half from Asia (mostly Japan). We had a fairly active roll call, scheduled a meet and greet to share info, and several small groups did private excursions. In most ports you can also schedule "Good will guides" who are volunteers who act as guides for many reasons, often to give them a chance to practice their English. You cover their expenses for the day--admissions, meals, etc. but there is no fee for the guide. Some will accept tips while others will not.

This was the cruise where we've done the most with others from the roll call!

We are also on a Diamond cruise and the board is very very quiet. We did get a couple of small groups for 2 excursions but will also be doing ship excursions. I expect that Americans are in small numbers

I think Australians are in even smaller numbers. Looking forward to a meet and greet so hopefully one will be published

Regards

Jan and Warren Sapir Jani49