Smoking on Vista Deck 5

mslhb

Just booked a cruise on the Vista and chose cabin 7235. Only been on one cruise before 10+ years ago so still very new. Was reading up on the Vista and see there is a smoking area outside on deck 5 forward on the starboard side. Where exactly is that? Am I likely to get cigarette/cigar smoke coming into my balcony. I LOVE sitting out on a balcony on vacation and plan to be there a lot. Also if I do decide to switch rooms do I just call and ask. There are still several other choices in the category available. Thank you!

I dont know about the smoking area on deck 5 but there is a chance you might have balcony neighbors that will not follow the rules and smoke. it has happened to me and others. hopefully you will get nice neighbors and wont smoke.

regarding changing your cabin, I am not sure exactly if you meant now, or once on board. you can not change once on board. if you mean change now, if its the same category you should be able to change rooms. call carnival and discuss this (if you didn't book a guarantee)

We were on the Vista in a starboard balcony above deck 5, don't remember if it was on deck 7 or 8. While we could see smokers below us, we were never bothered by the odor sitting on our balcony.

{You might have more of an issue with frolickers in the hot tubs below you making noise than with any possible smoke. Then again, you may have quiet folk just enjoying a good soak. I think I am remembering this right, but I recall the same setup on all the Dream class ships as well. Hopefully I'm not confusing the Dream and Vista class ships}