Showering in the spa- a couple of questions

Cyn874

Hi all,

I will be sharing a room with 2 other people for my upcoming cruise next April. I've heard people mention that some prefer to shower in the spa, but I have a few questions I have not been able to find the answers to.

1. I understand there is a fee to use the spa. But what about the showers? Do I need to pay for a daily pass just to use the shower, or are those open to anyone for free?

2. Where would I put my belongings (Clothing, room key, shoes, etc) while I am in the shower? Are there lockers? Is there a dry area inside the shower stall or room where I can put my things? I'm worried about coming out and everything being gone! Haha!

3. What about privacy? Are there separate rooms or stalls where people shower, that have a curtain or shower door? If anyone has pictures of the shower area, that would be really helpful.

I'm hoping that while my travel companions are getting ready in the room, I can duck down to the spa showers and get ready down there, which would save us all some time. But I'm not really keen on having to pay additional fees for that convenience, and very concerned about having to leave clothing or room keys out in the open and unattended. If any one can shed some light on that, I'd appreciate it. :)

This will be the Ruby Princess, if that makes a difference. Thanks!

Hi. Just got off the crown princess in March. 4 of us in an interior room. I showered in the spa 6 of 8 nights.

The spa showers are free.

There are lockers to put your stuff in.

The showers are single and the doors are frosted for privacy.

There are hooks to hang your towels and other stuff on. These are located by each shower stall.

If your not picky there is liquid soap and shampoo in dispensers in the shower.

I like making use of the spa. There are also towels for you to use.

Hope this helps.

Have a good cruise

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Everything posted above is correct for the Ruby and many other Princess ships but, if I remember correctly, on the Royal class ships you need to use the showers in the fitness center aft on the Sun deck as the showers in the Spa forward on Plaza deck may not be available without having Spa services or have paid for the Enclave.

Not on the Royal class ships [emoji22] On the Grand class ships such as the Ruby the gym showers are also the spa showers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The OP was talking about the Ruby,so my comment was correct.The gym changing facilities are free including sauna and steam.

Even more confusing,on the Coral, the gym changing rooms are at the end of the spa area,away from the gym but include a sauna free to use.The spa changing rooms are in the middle, nearer to gym,but not free to use,lol.

Be aware that children are permitted to use the locker rooms on Princess (not so on many other cruise lines). They are supposed to be under parental supervision--yeah, that's a joke too. On the Diamond in Japan there were groups of giggling little girls, probably about 10 years old, with no adult anywhere. It was a real pain. I've never seen this on any other ship. I did ask at the desk and was told that only the pool was "adult only." Children were welcome in the fitness center and locker rooms!

• Like 1

Be aware that children are permitted to use the locker rooms on Princess (not so on many other cruise lines). They are supposed to be under parental supervision--yeah' date=' that's a joke too. On the Diamond in Japan there were groups of giggling little girls, probably about 10 years old, with no adult anywhere. It was a real pain. I've never seen this on any other ship. I did ask at the desk and was told that only the pool was "adult only." Children were welcome in the fitness center and locker rooms![/quote']

I'm guessing (and hoping) that's not a typical situation. I actually can't recall ever seeing kids in the gym or shower areas.

• Like 1

I'm guessing (and hoping) that's not a typical situation. I actually can't recall ever seeing kids in the gym or shower areas.

I'm with you--as I said in my post, I've never seen it on any other ship on any cruise line. But I also didn't enter the spa/fitness center/ADULT pool/shower area again on that cruise.

Is this available on the Island Princess?

Also note that on the Island the fitness center is on deck 6, the lockers, showers and sauna are on Lido deck 14.

Lockers use a combination that you set before locking.

• Like 1

Also note that on the Island the fitness center is on deck 6, the lockers, showers and sauna are on Lido deck 14.

That makes sense,lol.

My apologies, I'm not familiar with the different classes of ships - will be on the Crown in October- where are the showers on that ship, gym or spa?

Thank you!

I had tried to clear up confusion with references to spa showers and gym showers in my earlier post. On Grand class ships such and the Crown and Ruby there is only one changing room for women and one changing room for men that is shared by the spa and the fitness center, not two different. Except for the Grand and Golden the other seven Grand class ships also have saunas and steam rooms in the changing room. On the other two ships they are outside the spa in front of the lap pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Note that some lockers may not have working locks. When we got off the Star in March, I don't believe ANY of the locks in the men's side were working.

• 5 years later...
On 5/19/2018 at 10:52 PM, Cyn874 said:

Yes, that helps a lot, thank you! How do you get the combination or key for the lockers? Oh, and are the showers open 24 hours? I tend to get up on the early side.

You asked every question I had for the spa showers! Thank you

On 5/19/2018 at 11:00 PM, ggprincess2004 said:

An available locker will have the key in it. Just choose your locker and take the key with you - probably on an elastic wristlet. I don't know how early they open.

Thank you for the great detailed answers.