Live Review: Explorer Alaska Cruise May 25th to June 1st (by a disabled vegetarian wi

Thanks! I hope you have a magical trip like we have had so far. Post pictures!!

Stunning photos! I don’t want to wish my summer away but I can’t wait for our turn in September. Love your review!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

On the train ride, I would bring some factory sealed snacks, or snacks picked up on Skagway. It is 3+ hours long and theu have unlimited bottled water, but that is it. Layers for sure on both. Binoculars if you have them on the train, but they provide them on the whale watching boat. Cameras of course. Otherwise, just yourselves and lot of layers/hats/sunglasses/etc as the weather keeps shifting

Thank you again for this excellent thread. I wondered are there restrooms on the train?

Thank you for posting about your trip. I will be doing the same in three weeks and the Cruise Compasses and menus will really help me get an idea of what to do. I usually don't attempt the MDR but there were a few things on the menu I may want to try. I'm a picky vegetarian and am usually too scared. I appreciate the sneak peeks.

Thank you again for this excellent thread. I wondered are there restrooms on the train?
Yes! Every car has its own bathroom, which is lovely. I felt ok to drink water and hydrate over the 3+ hour ride.

Thank you for posting about your trip. I will be doing the same in three weeks and the Cruise Compasses and menus will really help me get an idea of what to do. I usually don't attempt the MDR but there were a few things on the menu I may want to try. I'm a picky vegetarian and am usually too scared. I appreciate the sneak peeks.
If you are picky, they are usually pretty good. Tell them what you like or don't like (for example, I love mushrooms, so Belic always brings me extra to put in whatever dish, and on previous cruises, they made things without onions for me). They really do want you to eat food and be happy and I have found that 90% of staff will do what it takes.

That is awesome. Definitely check out the Chihuly gardens and glass if you get a chance.

WOWZA!! Those photos are fabulous! Thanks for all the Compasses and menus. We leave for Seattle on Wednesday so my friends and I have a full day/night in Seattle before cruising on Friday.

Thanks! I hope you have a magical trip like we have had so far. Post pictures!!

Mission accepted! We’ll try to get lots from our corner aft balcony :) .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Catladyfemme! I’ve been enjoying your review. I’m sure you have a lot going on with the cruise ending tomorrow, but I have a request. In the day six Compass that you posted, a 10-drink drink card is referenced. I can’t make out the cost. If you have time, could you post the price for it?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is awesome. Definitely check out the Chihuly gardens and glass if you get a chance.

We already have our tickets for Chihuly Gardens--we are staying literally across the street from Seattle Center/The Gardens. We have the Seattle City Pass which gets you into 5 different things, but that one is top of our list (I lived in Seattle for 20 years, but Chihuly Gardens opened after I moved away in 2011). My friends have never been to Seattle, so I'll be the tour guide, lol.

Following :D Leaving on June 17th and very excited to read your review. Thank you SO much for taking us with you! I am gluten-free as well as no sugar added (both for health reasons as well) and am very interested to follow your dining experience. And menus ; >)

Following :D Leaving on June 17th and very excited to read your review. Thank you SO much for taking us with you! I am gluten-free as well as no sugar added (both for health reasons as well) and am very interested to follow your dining experience. And menus ; >)
I would contact the RCCL dining email and ask if you can sit in Belic's section (he is one of 8 head waiters). He is so knowledgeable and willing to go the extra mile. When we gave him an extra tip tonight, he told us we didn't have to, and he just wanted everyone to be able to eat enjoyable and safe food. He is a gem!

Hi Catladyfemme! I’ve been enjoying your review. I’m sure you have a lot going on with the cruise ending tomorrow, but I have a request. In the day six Compass that you posted, a 10-drink drink card is referenced. I can’t make out the cost. If you have time, could you post the price for it

Looks like $65 per card

Looks like $65 per card
It is $65! Sorry it is so blurry.

Definitely way less people with drink packages, and drinking in general, when compared to our warmer weather cruises. Not surprised they are offering it and for so cheap.

One last thank you so much from us here in Arizona. Greatly appreciate your time and effort taken away from your vacation! I'm actually glad you had time away from the internet. Can't wait to experience what that's like again myself.

Hope you have a wonderful rest of your trip tonight and tomorrow and safe trip home.

Your pics and info have been priceless for us.

I'm a picky vegetarian and am usually too scared.

I'm also a super picky eater. Even without asking for special accommodations there are off-menu options they have always available, like plain pasta, baked or mashed potatoes, mixed veggies, and rotating Indian food selections. Plus there is the kids menu (mac & cheese, pizza, pasta). You can also order multiple starters (or double or triple portions of 1 single one), or ask for a fruit or cheese plate from the dessert menu. I've always been able to find something on the menu or something that can easily be asked for, no problem. A cruise is a great time to try something you may not at home (feel free to order a backup option too!). My husband prefers the MDR so we always do that for dinner.

We had SUCH a great time at the Empress hotel in Victoria. I made reservations on Open Table about 45 days ago, and they made a PHENOMENAL GF/vegetarian tower for me. Complete with scone (with strawberry lavender jam and clotted cream), cucumber/curried eggplant/red paper and artichoke/marinated carrot sandwiches, and a variety of GF desserts that were out of this world. They also had a delicious tea selection, and incredible service. Highlight of the trip, which I expexted for me, but was shocked when CatDad said it tied the whales and the glacier for hia favorite thing we did.

Then we walked around Victoria a bit, headed to the ship, got in some swimming in the heated Solarium pool and hot tubs, and headed to our last dinner.5e540d32ce487a13f81469a4c387cc65.jpgabde00ec082fae8b74a55a901e2920b0.jpga4ece0a4140de672449573dec092234b.jpg10c2020c1f35b6528ee42846ecc856d6.jpg19abb207b382060010d3033122face3d.jpg3fd1caf4b1bf0bc7e5a2844047728760.jpg

It is $65! Sorry it is so blurry.

Definitely way less people with drink packages, and drinking in general, when compared to our warmer weather cruises. Not surprised they are offering it and for so cheap.

Thanks, Catladyfemme!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums