Norfolk

2xsin12mths

Does anyone know the attraction to cruising out of Norfolk? I called my TA today and asked her to book us a balcony on Triumph for May 2019. She said they have 7 ocean view and interior rooms left! That’s it!!! She even called a carnival rep to verify this. So we booked OV with the chance of getting an upgrade if any balconies become available....plus, the price for this 6 nite is more than most 7 and 8 day we go on out of Miami.[emoji15]

The reason we booked this cruise is we can drive....air fare has been insane the last 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You said it - you can drive. It's a convenient spot for all of us and I did the Glory twice from there. I also had Splendor booked, but we switched back to Glory out of Miami. Even with airfare it was about the same price and we got a much better 7 day itinerary vs 5 day. There's only so many times I want to pay a premium price to go to lame Nassau and Freeport.

You said it - you can drive. It's a convenient spot for all of us and I did the Glory twice from there. I also had Splendor booked, but we switched back to Glory out of Miami. Even with airfare it was about the same price and we got a much better 7 day itinerary vs 5 day. There's only so many times I want to pay a premium price to go to lame Nassau and Freeport.

This! I’ve never sailed out of Charleston or Norfolk, but I’d like to. It’s so close to me. But the itineraries seem boring and/or they don’t line up with my preferred sailing dates.

Does anyone know the attraction to cruising out of Norfolk? I called my TA today and asked her to book us a balcony on Triumph for May 2019. She said they have 7 ocean view and interior rooms left! That’s it!!! She even called a carnival rep to verify this. So we booked OV with the chance of getting an upgrade if any balconies become available....plus, the price for this 6 nite is more than most 7 and 8 day we go on out of Miami.[emoji15]

The reason we booked this cruise is we can drive....air fare has been insane the last 2 years.

I live a half hour from there....that would be a huge attraction for me.

Ok, so the attraction is being able to drive....makes sense. Plus I didn’t realize they don’t have cruises out of Norfolk year round.

Well I’m totally looking forward to it[emoji4] Triumph is one we haven’t been on yet!!

I can't wait to see the upgrades. Coming out of dry dock when it comes to Norfolk in May 2019- it is supply and demand for many who are afraid to fly all he areas that can drive to Norfolk DC, New York, New Jersey NC, SC , Maryland etc.. a different ship too !! The Actual cruise line , Carnival has no balconies left on that sailing. But so far in advance. Ppl will start to cancel and Balconies should come available.

I booked early on for this sailing. Suites are gone now too. Even though I have been to the Bahamas several times, I booked this trip mainly for Half Moon Cay and snagged a cabana for the first time. I also live about 30 minutes from the port and enjoy the convenience of not having to involve a flight and hotel in the proceedings. I wish that Carnival would work out a way to do more diverse itineraries, possibly an 8 day Eastern that could go to Grand Turk, HMC, and Nassau. I know better than to wish for a year-round ship, but Bermuda runs wouldn't be out of the question either...

We have taken 4 cruises out of Norfolk, Maasdam 1, Glory 2, & Sunshine 1. Maasdam was an 11 day cruise to the Southern Caribbean, great cruise! Glory was Bahamas & Sunshine to Bermuda.

We didn't need to fly or fly in a day early or get a hotel room. I have no interest in returning to the Bahamas. I would return to Bermuda, but I see Carnival isn't offering that itinerary.

These short cruises are great for local 1st timers to see if cruising appeals to them. :)

I want to go out of Norfolk one day. But the cruises either never line up when we can go, or are already too expensive. Would just be nice to save the extra hour in the car since Norfolk is closer to me than Charleston.

Hopefully as Carnival continues to add more ships they'll put a ship in Norfolk full time (or at least more time), even if it's just a Fantasy class vessel. The ship and ports of call don't make much difference to us honestly.