OBSTRUCTED VIEW Balcony - Anthem

Hello. We are thinking of booking an obstructed view balcony cabin on Anthem to Canada and NE on deck 6. We have never been on the Anthem before nor have we sailed up the coast in August. The cabin is Midship.

1) How will the motion of the ship be on Deck 6 vs a higher deck. 2) could there be additional noise from the lifeboats being so close to the room?

thanks in advance for any help!

I wouldn't expect much movement on Anthem unless the seas are very bad. I read some reviews of those cabins and some people did mention that they did hear some creaking from the davits. We originally booked one of these cabins but when DW saw that the lifeboat was even with the handrail on the balcony she said we needed to switch to an unobstructed balcony, which we did.

Hello. We are thinking of booking an obstructed view balcony cabin on Anthem to Canada and NE on deck 6. We have never been on the Anthem before nor have we sailed up the coast in August. The cabin is Midship.

1) How will the motion of the ship be on Deck 6 vs a higher deck. 2) could there be additional noise from the lifeboats being so close to the room?

thanks in advance for any help!

I doubt that either of those two things will be a factor on your cruise.

All you need to think about is whether you care if you can't have a full unobstructed view from your chair on the balcony. It doesn't bother me, but it does bother some people. Officially, RC classes some of those cabins as 50% obstructed and some as 75% obstructed. The obstruction is a lifeboat or lifeboat davits. (supports)

If it was a cruise to the Caribbean I would be more concerned since you would want to spend time on your balcony. Canada...not so much.

Consider if it would be worth the extra money to upgrade to a regular balcony or not. Unless you have a lot of sea days and you were going to Alaska with spectular views, I woiuld stay where you are. You will be spending a lot of time ashore in Canada in every port and very little time on your balcony. Deck 6 is near a lot of things and as point out, less movement if the seas are rough than the higher decks.

MARAPRINCE

What exact cabin numbers are you considering? This is usually the major question for Deck 6 because of the amount of obstruction, smoking area, and possible restaurant noise.

The very aft cabins have easy access to the 270 through a "secret" door and this is appealing to folks to get to the Cafe 270 as well as the fantastic 270 space.

What exact cabin numbers are you considering? This is usually the major question for Deck 6 because of the amount of obstruction, smoking area, and possible restaurant noise.

The very aft cabins have easy access to the 270 through a "secret" door and this is appealing to folks to get to the Cafe 270 as well as the fantastic 270 space.

Thanks for all the responses so far! very helpful.

The rooms we are looking at are 6600 (15% obstruction) and 6602 (75%).

thanks again!

We've stay in ob's and didn't hear and noise from swinging lifeboats. What could be more of an issue is the outdoor smoking lounge below and slightly aft of you on deck 5. Smoke should drift away to aft, but it's always possible that a noisy group will congregate down there into the wee hours.

Thanks for all the responses so far! very helpful.

The rooms we are looking at are 6600 (15% obstruction) and 6602 (75%).

thanks again!

Are there any other choices? These cabins are connected to each other, so not a good choice unless you're booking two cabins.