Ice bucket in room?

ashton57

Can someone please tell me if there are ice buckets in the room on Carnival Magic? I’m trying to find a cooler to bring if not. Also do you find the soft sided coolers tend to leak? I saw a soft sided one online that also has a hard shell. Considering that one.

Edited by ashton57

Can someone please tell me if there are ice buckets in the room? I’m trying to find a cooler to bring if not. Also do you find the soft sided coolers tend to leak? I saw a soft sided one online that also has a hard shell. Considering that one.

I believe you will get one if you ask (ice bucket). What ship are you on?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok, on the Magic they have the mini fridges in all rooms. Not exactly a true fridge but will keep things cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you! So being that there is a fridge there wouldn’t be an ice bucket then?

Yes, there will be a mini fridge in the room, but it only keeps things cool-ish, not cold. It seems to me the ice buckest are no longer automatically left in the room ( at least that has been our experience the last couple of cruises), but if you ask you can probably get one. You'll likely also have to ask for it to be filled daily. We find it easier and quicker to just retrieve our own ice from the Lido buffet.

Can someone please tell me if there are ice buckets in the room on Carnival Magic? I’m trying to find a cooler to bring if not. Also do you find the soft sided coolers tend to leak? I saw a soft sided one online that also has a hard shell. Considering that one.

Ice buckets with ice are available upon request from your cabin steward. You may also bring a small collapsible cooler, and if you do you can ask your cabin steward to keep ice in it. It doesn't need a hard liner. If you place it under the sink in the cabin bathroom, it won't mess anything up if it does leak a bit. The cabin bathroom has tile with a drain. No worries about it soiling anything.

"Also do you find the soft sided coolers tend to leak?"

only cheap ones, my Polar Bear is dry as a bone. Our fridge on the Magic was ice cold, as in brain freeze cold. This was definitely a refrigerator not a "cooler" Keep your outside door ajar, it lets the fridge breathe better

"Also do you find the soft sided coolers tend to leak?"

only cheap ones, my Polar Bear is dry as a bone. Our fridge on the Magic was ice cold, as in brain freeze cold. This was definitely a refrigerator not a "cooler" Keep your outside door ajar, it lets the fridge breathe better

Sometimes even the expensive ones tend to sweat. We "always" have the RS keep our soft side cooler full of ice, and usually keep it in the shower..... (used to keep it on a towel , but as it ages..... well you know!)