Princess Beach Excursion in Barbados..If we stay longer can we keep using the chairs?

canadarocks

Princess has a 3 1/2 hour tour in Barbados called: CARLISLE BAY BEACH, SWIM & SCENIC DRIVE. It includes transport to & from Harbour Lights beach club, chair & shared umbrella, and a drink. It's priced very close to what we would spend if we did it on our own.

Does anyone know if we decide to stay longer than the allotted time, will we allowed to continue using the chairs and umbrella provided? (I know we'd be on our own to pay for a taxi back to the ship).

I'm going to guess...it depends...

if a morning excursion, and they need to turn over the chairs etc for the afternoon?

if a afternoon excursion, and they are wanting to pack up and go home?

and if you book it on your own - are you booking the same time frame as the Princess excursion - or are you paying more for potential time - both getting there on your own and getting back?

I'm going to guess...it depends...

if a morning excursion, and they need to turn over the chairs etc for the afternoon?

That's what I'm thinking too.

If you do it on your own' date=' is the chair and umbrella rental for the entire day or is it for a certain number of hours?[/quote']

For as long as we want them.

My thinking is that 3 hours might be enough and we've got OBC to cover it. But the option to stay longer if we're loving it would be great. I've sent Harbour Lights an email asking about it. No reply yet though.

Just saw your 2nd comment voljeep.... If we go there and return on our own, it's no more expensive (actually a few dollars cheaper I think) and we can set our own times. So probably the better choice.... but the simplicity of the Princess transport and using the OBC seems so appealing! :)

Edited by canadarocks
added info

Princess has a 3 1/2 hour tour in Barbados called: CARLISLE BAY BEACH, SWIM & SCENIC DRIVE. It includes transport to & from Harbour Lights beach club, chair & shared umbrella, and a drink. It's priced very close to what we would spend if we did it on our own.

Does anyone know if we decide to stay longer than the allotted time, will we allowed to continue using the chairs and umbrella provided? (I know we'd be on our own to pay for a taxi back to the ship).

If you go the "boatyard" at Carlisle bay you get the chairs and umbrella all day long:) for $20/person you get a lounge chair, umbrella (one per couple), a free drink ($10 value), plus free taxi ride back to the ship every 20minutes or so after 1:00pm. It was a great day! Oh can also go on their free sea turtle excursion (takes 30 minutes).

The boatyard is a little over a mile from the port, we walked there in about 20 minutes along their boardwalk. If it's too far to walk, the cab ride is $2pp.

If you go the "boatyard" at Carlisle bay you get the chairs and umbrella all day long:) for $20/person you get a lounge chair, umbrella (one per couple), a free drink ($10 value), plus free taxi ride back to the ship every 20minutes or so after 1:00pm. It was a great day! Oh can also go on their free sea turtle excursion (takes 30 minutes).

The boatyard is a little over a mile from the port, we walked there in about 20 minutes along their boardwalk. If it's too far to walk, the cab ride is $2pp.

Good to know. Is it hard to get a cab back? If it's too hot, we might want to ride!

Good to know. Is it hard to get a cab back? If it's too hot, we might want to ride!

Not hard at all, the taxi (air conditioned) holds a dozen or more and runs continuously at that time of day. We waited about 3 minutes. I suppose if it were really busy, you would have to wait another 20 until the next one.

It was the best day of our cruise and for sure the best bargain.

Not hard at all, the taxi (air conditioned) holds a dozen or more and runs continuously at that time of day. We waited about 3 minutes. I suppose if it were really busy, you would have to wait another 20 until the next one.

It was the best day of our cruise and for sure the best bargain.

That's great. I never know if the taxi will be an actual taxi, or what you describe :)

Thanks

ML

That's great. I never know if the taxi will be an actual taxi, or what you describe :)

Thanks

ML

I was going to add, if you don't want to wait for the free ride, you can just go out to the street and catch a cab in seconds for $2pp back to the ship.

I really enjoyed the walk to beach, they had an path and some boardwalk and a fair amount of shade as well as some nice bargains in the shop you pass. Wife found a nice dress for $10... you won't find that kind of deal in those shops at the port.

Wow they’ve sure increased the price a lot. It was $12 pp in 2013 and $15 pp in 2014, and even though we showed up by 9:45 am, almost every chair was full, since the Carnival ship beat the Celebrity ship. Place is very popular. Right after we gained entrance they closed the place down by 10 am due to being full.

I was going to add, if you don't want to wait for the free ride, you can just go out to the street and catch a cab in seconds for $2pp back to the ship.

I really enjoyed the walk to beach, they had an path and some boardwalk and a fair amount of shade as well as some nice bargains in the shop you pass. Wife found a nice dress for $10... you won't find that kind of deal in those shops at the port.

Thanks for the additional info. I am adding it all to my file. But we won't be there until Feb 2020, so things will likely change.

Wow they’ve sure increased the price a lot. It was $12 pp in 2013 and $15 pp in 2014, and even though we showed up by 9:45 am, almost every chair was full, since the Carnival ship beat the Celebrity ship. Place is very popular. Right after we gained entrance they closed the place down by 10 am due to being full.

Thanks for this. I'll be sure and check how many ships are in port that day--and who arrives when!

ML