Miami Towncar Services?

GA Dave

Being old fashioned, my DW and I are still not into using Uber or Lyft for anything we are planning in advance. I still feel much better using a towncar or limo service for bigger celebrations/important trips. I searched the boards and did not find anything current about towncar/limo serves in Miami. We are sailing on the Getaway in September and we are looking for a good service to use from MIA to the Marriott Biscayne Bay the day before our cruise (Saturday), and then from the Marriott to MIA the day after our cruise (Monday). Has anyone used a good quality service in Miami recently? Most of the services we see online have good ratings, but we would rather hear it from people here. Any information is appreciated.

You might get a better response asking on the Florida Departures board.

I searched that board. It seemed kind of dead and the last post about this subject was from two years ago. :o

Last year at this time we used Miami Unique limo from Fort Lauderdale to the Marriott and then again from the ship back to the airport after the cruise. We had Victor as a drive on the way to the hotel. Met us at baggage claim and grabbed the luggage. He also paid attention to what I was saying to my wife and kids and picked up the limo was a surprise and played along. After we got to the hotel I found out I left a small camera in the limo and I called about an hour after getting there and within a few minutes Victor called back saying he found it and drove 30 mins to bring it back... All for free. Needless to say.. Even though the tip was included I added a bunch to it.

Return trip was good with a different driver . Nothing out of the ordinary but still a good ride. Called once we go past customs and he was there in less then 5 minutes. Customs to fort Lauderdale in about 45 minutes

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Last year at this time we used Miami Unique limo from Fort Lauderdale to the Marriott and then again from the ship back to the airport after the cruise. We had Victor as a drive on the way to the hotel. Met us at baggage claim and grabbed the luggage. He also paid attention to what I was saying to my wife and kids and picked up the limo was a surprise and played along. After we got to the hotel I found out I left a small camera in the limo and I called about an hour after getting there and within a few minutes Victor called back saying he found it and drove 30 mins to bring it back... All for free. Needless to say.. Even though the tip was included I added a bunch to it.

Return trip was good with a different driver . Nothing out of the ordinary but still a good ride. Called once we go past customs and he was there in less then 5 minutes. Customs to fort Lauderdale in about 45 minutes

I forgot to add... As like the poster above uber made since for the super short drive from hotel to the ship.

Being old fashioned, my DW and I are still not into using Uber or Lyft for anything we are planning in advance. I still feel much better using a towncar or limo service for bigger celebrations/important trips. I searched the boards and did not find anything current about towncar/limo serves in Miami. We are sailing on the Getaway in September and we are looking for a good service to use from MIA to the Marriott Biscayne Bay the day before our cruise (Saturday), and then from the Marriott to MIA the day after our cruise (Monday). Has anyone used a good quality service in Miami recently? Most of the services we see online have good ratings, but we would rather hear it from people here. Any information is appreciated.

We’ve used goairport shuttle many times from FLL to Miami hotels. We’ve done the town car and upgraded to the SUV service and always been quite pleased.

Check out their website - might be just what you’re looking for!! https://goairportshuttle.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Look at the Florida board again. There are tons of posts about this -- many of them much more recent than two years ago.

If you are looking for a car service, try Larry's Limos. We've used them for our past three cruises out of Miami to get from FLL to Miami (hotel) and back. While we've never had a limo, we've had either a town car or a large SUV. We've been very happy with their service.

Larry's Limos. larryslimo.com

We just got back from a cruise on the Getaway today. Got a good deal on airfare into FLL. Larry's Limo picked us up in an Escalade Saturday to the hotel, then same car and driver Sunday from hotel to ship. Today they upgraded us to a stretch lincoln at no extra cost. Great drivers, clean cars, always on time. Classy operation.

We used Larry's Limo for our 12/17 trip, Ft Lauderdale to Miami -we did just one way since we did an excursion that took us back to airport after cruise. Extremely professional, excellent service.