Las Palmas Canary Islands

mbodechon

I see you have posted quite a few requests for information on Canaries.

Might I suggest you go onto You Tube and look up each place and you will see folks have posted videos.

I used You Tube in planning my trip to Russia this coming August. Good luck

I was there last fall for a stay-not a cruise. How long are you there for? If its just a day you could walk around the old town which is quite pretty and visit the cathedral there and grab some lunch. If you want to go inland and hike around we used joselitomoves.com and had a fun day of it. He drove us around a little did a nice one hour walk and took us to a cute little winery.

Again it all depends how long you are there and what you want to do. Remember that Las Palmas city is on a strip surrounded on three sides by the Atlantic Ocean. When you arrive at the port you can walk through the city (shops en all) and end up at one of the world's best city beaches, Las Canteras beach. There are plenty of bars and restaurants there. It can be very busy but very Spanish, a great day out, but be warned it can get very hot depending on the time of year.

You can get a bus (30)from near the cruise terminal down to the south of the island, there you will find the main tourist beach spots, the resort of Maspalomas is just stunning, its surrounded by sand dunes and further on is the beautiful resort of Puerto de Mogan. Buses are cheap and frequent on the island, as are taxies.

Looking for recommendations on shore excursions in Las Palmas. We will be cruising March 2019 on the NCL Spirit. Thanks for your assistance.

Sioux city,a western town with cowboy shows and gunfights is interesting.