Health Questionnaire

CatsareCool

What about the people who get the same reaction when flying?

No AC there.

My post was a joke That I read it here does not mean it is true. Probably the opposite.

BTW, this page has a good description of how airconditioning on a plan works.

They don't just open the window, they system has some suprising spinning pieces.

https://www.quora.com/How-does-the-air-conditioner-in-an-air-plane-work-Considering-that-the-temperature-outside-is-30-degrees-and-below-at-an-altitude-of-35-000-feet-how-is-fresh-oxygen-provided-to-the-passengers

My post was a joke That I read it here does not mean it is true. Probably the opposite.

BTW, this page has a good description of how airconditioning on a plan works.

They don't just open the window, they system has some suprising spinning pieces.

https://www.quora.com/How-does-the-air-conditioner-in-an-air-plane-work-Considering-that-the-temperature-outside-is-30-degrees-and-below-at-an-altitude-of-35-000-feet-how-is-fresh-oxygen-provided-to-the-passengers

Sorry about that.

I sometimes take each comment literally .;)

Regarding making people wash their hands, many would compare the buffet on Princess to land based buffets and take offense to being made to do something. The more "different" things about a cruise scares off the new cruisers. Explain why it is important will work for most, and nothing probably will work for others. Just a thought.

Plus the usual way to get noro is for you to put it in your mouth or nose. If you wash your hands before touching your face you will be ok, this will include having to use something like a napkin to touch serving utensils, table tops, chairs.... Relying on anyone else's hygiene is very risky. If the food or beverage is contaminated all bets are off, it could have happened anytime by anyone including the preparers in any venue.

I have often got the dreaded cough a few days into a cruise, spoilt the trip for the next week and often many weeks.

A few years ago on QM2 in the laundry one of the passengers told me she always takes a can of Glen 20 and immediately she has access to her room very generously sprays it around the room and bathroom, tv remote and into the air con vents. Since following her practice I have managed to stay cough free. On long cruises I also do it another couple of times.

I purchased the masks for my recent trip to china as I was concerned about pollution as I do occasionally get asthma. Didnt need them but glad they were in my medicine bag. We are going to Japan soon and its quite common thing to see folk walking around with the face masks.

I have often wondered about the possible benefit of having the disposable gloves available as you walk through the buffet entrance. Sometimes I have used a serviette to pick up the tongs etc trying to avoid getting something.

Guess I could take my own gloves, pop one on and when seated at the table remove. Maybe overkill..... but what price do we put on staying healthy? Another option is to eat in the dining room or room service but that wouldnt be much fun!!!

as is the customs declaration unless...

now, if Princess will get rid of the endless paper promotions for

spa

art auctions

jewelry

port shopping at 'their' preferred partners

I wish!

rumor has it three people have answered the questionaire honestly and they were whisked away never to be seen again

lol!

On our May 26th sailing on the Caribbean Princess:

No health form.

No declaration form.

No life jackets at the muster drill....just the cheesy Love Boat theme with a new play on words referencing the muster and lifeboats.

Guess I could take my own gloves, pop one on and when seated at the table remove. Maybe overkill..... but what price do we put on staying healthy? Another option is to eat in the dining room or room service but that wouldn't be much fun!!!

I carry disposable gloves at all times on a cruise. I put them on in the buffet & on stairs when I need to hold the rail.

I also carry a small spray bottle that kills Noro and spray my hands after handling a menu, I spray my hands. IF the menus are ever disinfected, it's most likely not effective. The spray we used when I was working had to be left on the object in question for at least 10 minutes...yea that's gonna happen in a busy dining room.