Resident rates???? OK, So Ive moved to florida.....Now tell me the secret!

rn4ever06

So about a year ago hubby and I were on a RCCL cruise, standing next to couple guys in Muster drill who were bragging about how cheap they got their cruise (less than $200pp) and another guy asked how they got such a good deal. The others proceeded to tell them about calls they get with fantastic last minute rates for residents. Fast forward to now...Hubby and I are moving to florida and I am wondering if anyone has details about this service they referred to. He didn't say a a name or if it was directly through RCCL but they all were very knowledgeable about the perks of living in florida and cruise prices. I wish I would've asked. Can anyone help???? Thanks :)

So about a year ago hubby and I were on a RCCL cruise, standing next to couple guys in Muster drill who were bragging about how cheap they got their cruise (less than $200pp) and another guy asked how they got such a good deal. The others proceeded to tell them about calls they get with fantastic last minute rates for residents. Fast forward to now...Hubby and I are moving to florida and I am wondering if anyone has details about this service they referred to. He didn't say a a name or if it was directly through RCCL but they all were very knowledgeable about the perks of living in florida and cruise prices. I wish I would've asked. Can anyone help???? Thanks :)
Been here two years ourselves, no big discount offer that I've found. Only Florida resident deal I found was $20 off per person.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

been living close to Port Can' for over 10 years

you can find good last minute deals that are BETTER cuz you can drive to the port and respond to last minute offers

how do I find these? When I decide to cruise {usually less than 6 weeks out} I start checking the cruise line sites daily

When you price out a cruise and put in our state of residence, if that particular cruise line is offering a resident discount it will automatically give you the price. Disney Cruise Line is huge about giving Fl residents discounts. I have also occasionally gotten emails regarding residents discounts for other cruise lines. I just got one recently, just can't remember who it was from.

So about a year ago hubby and I were on a RCCL cruise, standing next to couple guys in Muster drill who were bragging about how cheap they got their cruise (less than $200pp)

Was this a 7 night cruise on a ship like the Harmony or Allure about a year ago last June?

Or was it something like a 3 or 4 day Empress to the Bahamas / Key West ?

:)

How much more than $200 per person were you paying for the same thing?

Edited by AdGuyMG

When you price out a cruise and put in our state of residence, if that particular cruise line is offering a resident discount it will automatically give you the price. Disney Cruise Line is huge about giving Fl residents discounts. I have also occasionally gotten emails regarding residents discounts for other cruise lines. I just got one recently, just can't remember who it was from.

And Disney World is great about it, too. Often really good Florida resident deals. They have the 3 day for $159 and 4 day for $179 again. Can't beat that. It's half the price of the non-resident rate!