Luggage tags.

tran93le

Save yourself some time and print them at home. Monochrome or color is OK. I use durable plastic pouches from Amazon with wire attachments. They are durable and reusable.

Every cruise I get a flyer from the service desk about a bag that has gone missing, usually because of a missing tag or it is in the wrong stateroom. A firmly attached tag is your best defense against that.

Also check them when you print them! I printed two and didn't really look at them (luckily I wrote our names on the "name" lines) and my mom's bag didn't show up when mine did. It came a few hours later, but when we looked at the luggage tag, the room number was totally blank! And I printed them at the same time from the same document...so weird.

So with checked luggage, do I have to print prior to getting there or can they print at check in?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did you print all your cruise documents??? If so, your luggage tags were included with those documents. If you didn't print your cruise docs, that's a problem, since your boarding passes and all evidence of your booking is there.

Every cruise I get a flyer from the service desk about a bag that has gone missing, usually because of a missing tag or it is in the wrong stateroom. A firmly attached tag is your best defense against that.

I agree. I laminate mine, then put about a thousand staples in them. Not literally a thousand, but many. :)

So with checked luggage, do I have to print prior to getting there or can they print at check in?

So, for starters, by the time you reach the check-in desk, your luggage will be long gone. Checked luggage is dropped off to the porters before you even even enter the check-in area, so make sure when you pull up or get dropped off at the terminal that your bags are ready to go because you will not see them again until they are delivered to your stateroom!

Also, do not pack any medication or other critical items in your checked luggage because on rare occasions, it gets lost!

I used to staple/tape until I purchased a bunch of clear plastic cruise luggage tags on line. They work like a charm and can be reused many times.

Good luck!

Brad

Why laser? Just curious.

Inkjet printouts will smear in less than a second when it comes into contact with water. Printouts using toner do not.

The majority of the people have inkjet printers. I wouldn't run out a get a laser printer just for luggage tags. If you don't have the plastic sleeves for the tags, just cover them with packing tape. It's a lot cheaper than buying a new printer. ;)

One doesn't have to print them at all. If one shows up at the terminal without luggage tags you just tell the porter your ship & cabin number. They will affix a tag to your luggage and it will be routed to your cabin with all the others. Done this a few times, never had a problem.

On the other hand, pre-printed tags are nice and only need to be fastened per the instructions.

The majority of the people have inkjet printers. I wouldn't run out a get a laser printer just for luggage tags. If you don't have the plastic sleeves for the tags, just cover them with packing tape. It's a lot cheaper than buying a new printer. ;)
Yep. I was just curious what the big advantage of laser was.:)

I agree. I laminate mine, then put about a thousand staples in them. Not literally a thousand, but many. :)

Before I had the plastic luggage tags, I used packing tape to connect the ends together. Of course I covered the tags in packing tape first.

Do you have a job? Many businesses use laser printers.

Before I had the plastic luggage tags, I used packing tape to connect the ends together. Of course I covered the tags in packing tape first.

That works too, maybe even better than a thousand staples... though I've never lost one.

Do you have a job? Many businesses use laser printers.

No, I'm retired. Not everyone works in an office. And many businesses frown on people using their printers for personal use.

Thousands of people use inkjet printers, thousands of people use packing tape and thousands of people use the plastic tag holders every week and get along just fine. If you do have access to a laser printer, fine but it's not necessary.

Edited by RWolver672

No, I'm retired. Not everyone works in an office. And many businesses frown on people using their printers for personal use.

Thousands of people use inkjet printers, thousands of people use packing tape and thousands of people use the plastic tag holders every week and get along just fine. If you do have access to a laser printer, fine but it's not necessary.

It's not necessary to wear a seatbelt until it you have an accident.