Room Service

juliet

Thinking of going on the Riviera next year. Does anyone have a room service menu from balcony cabins as well as concierge? I think I read that you don't have a choice of hot breakfast in the regular balcony cabins.

Are you only concerned with the breakfast menus ?

It is usually cold items cereal, rolls. bagels, fruit. yogurt, juices tea coffee for the B to G Cabins

A & above you can add eggs toast bacon pancakes etc..

The room service menu is the same in all levels, I believe. It's in a big brown book in your room. But it's more than breakfast ... (The book is actually three books in a brown case that should be on the desk.)

I say I believe it's available in every cabin class because I think it is, but the lowest cabin we've been in has been a B1 so I could be wrong! However, I've never heard that only higher level cabins get the room service menu as opposed to the continental versus hot breakfast.

Mura

The "Anytime" Room Service Menu is served to every type of cabin at any hour of the day or night, but it is not particularly breakfast-y. Think Salads including a Caesar which is available with chicken or salmon, Club Sandwiches, Burgers, even a Sirloin Steak. The Chocolate Cake is DEFINITELY AMAZING!

Concierge and above adds a true breakfast menu, and in the Suites they go above and beyond.

I've always thought it was weird that you can order a steak at 7am, no matter what your cabin category.

Mary

But not a bowl of porridge!?

This is the one really strange thing about Oceania.

It's not a budget line, so... why a "cold breakfast", and especially only for some passengers?

They've got the kitchen open, cooking.

They are willing to have room service deliver.

But just... no "breakfast food" that was cooked... for for certain guests...

It just seems very... odd.

??

GC

But not a bowl of porridge!?

This is the one really strange thing about Oceania.

It's not a budget line, so... why a "cold breakfast", and especially only for some passengers?

They've got the kitchen open, cooking.

They are willing to have room service deliver.

But just... no "breakfast food" that was cooked... for for certain guests...

It just seems very... odd.

??

GC

Have you heard that old Real Estate saying that the worst house in a great neighborhood is the Best Investment?

Similarly, the monetary incentive for booking those lowest priced cabins is already sufficient without further gilding the lily.

Also, not offering in cabin hot breakfast in the lowest grades gooses up occupancy in the mid priced cabins where demand is more slack.

Have you heard that old Real Estate saying that the worst house in a great neighborhood is the Best Investment?

Similarly, the monetary incentive for booking those lowest priced cabins is already sufficient without further gilding the lily.

Also, not offering in cabin hot breakfast in the lowest grades gooses up occupancy in the mid priced cabins where demand is more slack.

Oh, I fully understand what they are doing.

It just doesn't fit with the graciousness and general level of service that is otherwise provided, and at all "levels".

It just leaves a very unappealing taste in the mouth, no pun intended.

GC

Oh, I fully understand what they are doing.

It just doesn't fit with the graciousness and general level of service that is otherwise provided, and at all "levels".

It just leaves a very unappealing taste in the mouth, no pun intended.

GC

If trends continue as they are, you'll have to get used to that particular taste.

The Class System is coming back with a vengeance. Celebrity, MSC, Disney and even Oceania's parent company Norwegian already offer special VIP sections with their own restaurants and pools for patrons who like the ease and value of a large cruise ship but demand more elbow room combined with superior services, ambience and food.

FIRST-CLASS-300x212.jpg

Truth be told, the one class cruising which we enjoy today is basically a marketing technique, employed to differentiate Cruise Ships from the class divided Luxury Liners which they replaced in the late 1960's and early 1970's.

The pendulum was bound to swing back, eventually.

9k=Z

Edited by JimandStan