Check In Times

jcgld62

For New Orleans September cruise the earliest check in time available is 1:30 and the earliest FTTF arrival time is 12:00 noon. The online check in time was just made available a couple days ago for this cruise. The ship (Triumph) is nowhere near full, so I'm confused why the earlier check in times are not available. I've only purchased FTTF once before and didn't think it was worth it, especially this trip just going to Cozumel, but even in May when I cruised out of NOLA we were able to select an 11:30 check in time.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any idea if they don't offer the earlier check in time anymore?

The hotel check out time is 11:00, so for over 2 hours we will be homeless. We're going to be there 2 days prior to cruise so we will already have done all we want to do in NOLA.

Probably because they can estimate now how many Platinum, Diamonds, suites, and FTTF there are, who will all get early boarding. Adding other people on top of this for those early boarding times will make the port very crowded, so they are only opening later times. I have noticed that my cruises never have the same earliest check-in time, even though I choose mine the minute the slots are released. So it just depends on the sailing and how many priority boarders they will have. My guess is that they are trying to control capacity for those early time slots.

So really the FTTF just go right before regular boarding time, after diamond, platinum, suites?

Paying for it might get me on 30 minutes earlier at best? That still would be 2 hours after check out.

One more cruise after this one and I'll be platinum, won't have to worry about it then. :D:D

There should be plenty to do while you wait for your check -in time; You may be able to drop your luggage off early - you just wont be able to enter the Terminal until your time. The port access is at the Riverwalk (a shopping mall with specialty stores and restaurants) and walking distance from the CBD and French Quarter, so you can browse the shops, have a drink, etc. Alternately, your hotel should be able to hold your luggage at the bell station after checkout - and you can have some additional time to enjoy New Orleans. Save the cost of FTTF and buy a couple of more drinks and an order of beignets at Café du Monde (There's one right in the Riverwalk, but it's worth going to the original location across from Jackson Square,)