Celebrity Reflection bus transfer to Florence from Livorno enough time for the Uffizi

cruzemaven

The tour description states there will be 3 hours on our own...is that enough time to see some of the Uffizi and still have time to walk back to the meeting place? Trying to figure out what time to book entrance tickets. The excursion begins at 8:15 and ends 3:45... any suggestions would be helpful...thanks

The tour description states there will be 3 hours on our own...is that enough time to see some of the Uffizi and still have time to walk back to the meeting place? Trying to figure out what time to book entrance tickets. The excursion begins at 8:15 and ends 3:45... any suggestions would be helpful...thanks

That should give you enough time to visit the Uffizi - factor in the travel time it will take from port to Florence (about 90 minutes) & allow a little extra wiggle room for the walk from where your bus drops off. Florence is very compact and walkable - depending on the location of your drop-off point, the walk to the Uffizi should take no more than 10-15 minutes.

I am glad you said "some" of the Uffizi, because it's impossible to do full justice to it in several hours. If it's reopened, try to fit in the Vasari Corridor, which connects the Uffizi to the Pitti Palace on the other side of the Arno.

• 2 weeks later...

Our Constellation cruise in October offers both a bus tour option or a train to Florence.. has anyone tried these? The train is faster but how far a walk is it from train to center of Florence. Unfortunately we are there on a Monday do Uffizi and Academia are closed!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

;)

Our Constellation cruise in October offers both a bus tour option or a train to Florence.. has anyone tried these? The train is faster but how far a walk is it from train to center of Florence. Unfortunately we are there on a Monday do Uffizi and Academia are closed!

I chose the train option for our August visit to Florence (also on the Constellation), mostly because it gave you more time in town (think it's 5 hours). The train station is approx. 1/2 mile from the sites in downtown Florence, so a 15/20 minute walk....

The train station is very central. We stayed in a hotel near it last November and easily walked everywhere. As mentioned, central Florence is very compact.

People tend to focus on the Accademia and Uffizi closings on Monday but there are many other things to see in Florence that are open, including:

The Duomo and Baptistery + the Duomo museum to see the original Baptistery doors (must dos, in my opinion)

The Palazzo Vecchio (wonderful history and art)

The Medici Chapels (some famous Michelangelo sculptures)

Bargello Museum (great sculptures, in a way can take the place of Accademia)

Santa Croce (famous tombs -- Michelangelo, Galileo, Machiavelli, etc.)

Santa Maria Novella museum and church (beautiful Gothic church and cloister, near the train station -- also has a wonderful medieval apothecary shop, still sells traditional products and scents)

Good info here, but I also recommend bringing a guidebook such as Rick Steves for at least some description of the places you'll visit:

https://www.visitflorence.com/florence-museums/open-on-mondays.html

;)

I chose the train option for our August visit to Florence (also on the Constellation), mostly because it gave you more time in town (think it's 5 hours). The train station is approx. 1/2 mile from the sites in downtown Florence, so a 15/20 minute walk....

Thanks for the feedback! Did you meet back at the train station for,the return?

Our cruise is not until August!! I'm assuming that is the case though....

Hahahaha! I guess I missed that part! Hope you will give feedback when you return!