Park at airport parking, uber to port?

mylifecompleted

What port/airport are you asking about...kind of key info, as for example, MCO is about 45 minutes from airport to port.

Airport parking is probably not the least expensive parking option.

LOL that would TOTALLY help, right?

Miami port. We live in orlando so trying to decide if we should bus, rail, drive etc

There is no longer any lower-priced remote parking on MIA property. You certainly can find lots of independent lots near the airport, park at one and call an Uber to get to the port. To shuttle back to MIA to catch a ride would be a useless extra step.

There is no longer any lower-priced remote parking on MIA property. You certainly can find lots of independent lots near the airport, park at one and call an Uber to get to the port. To shuttle back to MIA to catch a ride would be a useless extra step.

This. If you are talking about a lot that is not operated by the airport, just call from an Uber by the lot. Keep in mind the price of an Uber there and back compared to the price of just parking at the Port and walking to your ship and back to your car.

How will this work? The idea of parking in a cheap long-term airport lot is intriguing but ....

With my bad luck the parking spaces closest to the entrance or exit ( where Uber would wait) are always full and I have to park deep inside the lot- meaning pulling my luggage a long way to meet the Uber .

Do you think the Uber will actually enter the lot and stop at my car? Surely it will cost money or is there a grace period say first 10 minutes are free?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How will this work? The idea of parking in a cheap long-term airport lot is intriguing but ....

With my bad luck the parking spaces closest to the entrance or exit ( where Uber would wait) are always full and I have to park deep inside the lot- meaning pulling my luggage a long way to meet the Uber .

Do you think the Uber will actually enter the lot and stop at my car? Surely it will cost money or is there a grace period say first 10 minutes are free?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The lots are not that big. If you are not alone you could also drop off the luggage and people closer to the entrance and then park and walk, then call the Uber.

Have you priced out two one way car rentals? Orlando to MIA and MIA back to Orlando? :confused: Saves you the miles on your car and any parking fees. National, Alamo, Thrifty and Enterprise offer free shuttles between MIA and POM (show the driver your rental paperwork).

Have you priced out two one way car rentals? Orlando to MIA and MIA back to Orlando? :confused: Saves you the miles on your car and any parking fees. National, Alamo, Thrifty and Enterprise offer free shuttles between MIA and POM (show the driver your rental paperwork).

yep more than parking. its only a 4 night

So 4 nights of parking at POM will set you back $88; how much do you save by parking at MIA? :confused: You'll need to include an Uber or Lyft or taxi both ways (to/from POM).

If it was me I would get an early start, park at POM and be on the ship before noon. Post cruise you'll be on the road home before the taxi gets you to MIA to gather up your car. But it's your call - have a great cruise! :)