Cozumel port busted me....sad face...

If your talking about Omaha Beach in France, I myself would find your actions very distasteful, because of all my fellow soldiers and Navy sailors who died there!

Mike

^ what he said. extremely disrespectful in my opinion

OK, in all honesty, for all of you totally judgemental, but lovely people who point fingers and overlook your own shortcomings....I have NEVER disobeyed a rule or a law in a foreign country, never taken food off the ship nor brought live creatures back to the ship. I have taken a few shells (totally empty or broken into pieces and a dead crab shell in Pensicola where they let people do that). Have never been stopped by nor even repremanded by an official or sniffed by a dog. O.K.

Oh and apparently do not recognize fecitiousness when you see it...

Get over yourselves.

PS and I've never even been to the naughty room, not even once.

actually no PensAcola does not want you dratted tourists coming in here and taking our sand and our shells. and you have ZERO guarantee that there are no microbes all over those shells. we have recent reports of flesh eating bacteria in our waters in some spots. we won't mention the damn sand fleas that are everywhere. and you dang well better have NOT gotten your treasures from Gulf Islands National Seashore. cuz that IS illegal.

furthermore, you are not entering a foreign country( despite what some may think about the Panhandle). so we done;t have Customs and Border agents trolling the beaches. just our Lifeguards and local bike cops.

Australia is considered a continent - not an island.

From Australia’s perspective, Australia is an island on the continent of Oceania.

Not all education system teach the same. Here in the US we are taught there are 7 continents. Other places in the world teach there are 5 continents.

Under the true definition there is no continent of North America and South America. Only The Americas. Some don’t teach Europe and Asia. Only Eurasia.

From Australia’s perspective, Australia is an island on the continent of Oceania.

Not all education system teach the same. Here in the US we are taught there are 7 continents. Other places in the world teach there are 5 continents.

Under the true definition there is no continent of North America and South America. Only The Americas. Some don’t teach Europe and Asia. Only Eurasia.

What about the lost continent? :confused:

I suspect Mexico did not even consider the US when developing its laws and regulations respecting sea glass and other beach material.

Mexico is protecting its environment and tourist economy. Whether you agree with how it is being done matters not a whit. It is the law of Mexico.

For anyone interested, most of the Caribbean countries have similar legislation/regulation.

Mexico can do whatever it wants with its sea glass. I have no beef with that or their laws about it. I wish they would be more vigilant at keeping some other substances out of our country.

And for the record, most of what any of us around here think about anything matters not a whit. We still post it.

Yes, we do have shows about border security. But they are about the US border with Mexico. I've never seen anything about Australia's Border Security. That said, Australia has no common borders with anyone except the ocean, so your border security would concentrate on the ports (air and sea) of entry, where in the US it is the border with Mexico that gets most of the media's attention. However, there is also a show about Custom's work at JFK.

You should see the Canadian version and what we bust US Citizens with daily. I work the border. A lot of Americans try to smuggle their weapons in or other contraband, then get really abusive that they have to follow another country's laws.

Australia is considered a continent - not an island.

Sure is. Well picked up. We have a number of islands and I could have upset some of my fellow Australians by calling us an island (sorry Tassie).

My point was to agree with you that we don't share any land borders (as far as I know!)

;)

Never / ever had a problem taking shells or sea glass back - once I even had a conch shell from the Bahamas and no one said a word? I have been gathering stuff on beaches every time we cruise , you just need to be discreet as where you keep it