Self serve laundry on Princess

Noreen411

[quote name=moki'smommy;56417800

The dryer can be opened at any time' date=' so yes, someone could hijack your dryer.[/quote]

Sometimes someone will open your dryer to see if it empty or not, apparently unable due to noise in the room to hear that your dryer is still running.

When this happens, the dryer stops drying unless a restart button is pressed. The result is that when you return at the proper time, your time (and money) has run out, but your clothes are still wet.

Thanks for the info. The wipes are a good idea. I'm not thrilled with using public laundry facilities.

Several times I’ve seen dirty washers and dryers where someone did not check their pockets and ended up with paper left in the washer / dryer. It’s also not unusual to find sand in the bottom and sides of the washer. On time I even found an ink pen in a empty washer.

The Princess laundry attendant said he’s found cruise cards left in the washers / dryers.

On the last cruise a lady in the laundry asked for some help with the tokens she was using. When I looked she was using quarters instead of tokens. She said she had used quarters in the washer and they worked but would not work for the dryer.

Sometimes someone will open your dryer to see if it empty or not, apparently unable due to noise in the room to hear that your dryer is still running.

When this happens, the dryer stops drying unless a restart button is pressed. The result is that when you return at the proper time, your time (and money) has run out, but your clothes are still wet.

True....because they haven't figured out that you can tell whether a dryer is running by placing a hand on the door. If running, I can feel the vibration from the drum turning within the machine. No need to open a machine to tell whether it is in use.

People who feel the need to open a machine to check status is another disadvantage to not having timers on the machine.

Several times I’ve seen dirty washers and dryers where someone did not check their pockets and ended up with paper left in the washer / dryer. It’s also not unusual to find sand in the bottom and sides of the washer. On time I even found an ink pen in a empty washer.

Well, I hope no one leaves money in their pockets. Money laundering is a serious crime.

• Haha 1