Can GTY change

styme123

To those who suggest that people needing assistance submit proof... what you would have us submit? A doctor's note? What should it say? Detailed explanation of a person's limitations or requirements? Who do we submit it to and what are their qualifications for deciding I am or am not qualified for accommodation? Where is this information stored and how is it managed to be compliant with HIPAA and protect my privacy? What if my reason is that I am weak from chemotherapy and may die any day now? Will the cruise line deny me boarding becuase they don't want me to die on the last vacation of my life?

Please think about what you are suggesting. Yes, some people take advantage unfairly. I watch all the people speeding past me on the road every day, or cutting in line ahead of me when I am waiting at the buffet... but I don't let it spoil my day.

To those who suggest that people needing assistance submit proof... what you would have us submit? A doctor's note? What should it say? Detailed explanation of a person's limitations or requirements? Who do we submit it to and what are their qualifications for deciding I am or am not qualified for accommodation? Where is this information stored and how is it managed to be compliant with HIPAA and protect my privacy? What if my reason is that I am weak from chemotherapy and may die any day now? Will the cruise line deny me boarding becuase they don't want me to die on the last vacation of my life?

Please think about what you are suggesting. Yes, some people take advantage unfairly. I watch all the people speeding past me on the road every day, or cutting in line ahead of me when I am waiting at the buffet... but I don't let it spoil my day.

:confused: probably wrong thread response ???

Yes I totally get what you are saying in regards to a guarantee room assignment possible change!🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I booked a balcony GTY for upcoming Bermuda cruise on Escape. I got my room Deck 15. Can they change this room before we sail since it's a GTY or once it's assigned that's it?

That's it.You'll have the pitter patter of little feet all cruise long.

I booked a balcony GTY for upcoming Bermuda cruise on Escape. I got my room Deck 15. Can they change this room before we sail since it's a GTY or once it's assigned that's it?

The cruise line can change it, though improbable, anytime up to the day that you check in. You would only move up in category. Most people get what they were first assigned while others report that they were changed a few times.

You cannot chance the room (unless you call to upgrade to a different category or win an upsell bid).

The cruise line may change your room, but that rarely happens. It’s almost a 0% chance.

If you’re unhappy with your assignment, your only option is to pay more to move. You’ll have to pay the difference between what you paid and what the new room costs, not the difference between your current category and the new one (you mentioned on a different thread your current cabin would have cost $500 more than what you actually paid).

So let’s pretend you paid $1,000 per person, the current cabin costs $1,500 per person, and the next category up where you can select a room costs $2,000 per person. You would pay $1,000 per person additional to move to the new room (the difference between what the new room costs and what you paid), NOT $500 per person (the difference between what the new room costs and what your current category costs).

Can NCL change your room? Yes they can. Can you change this room? No, not without paying for an upgrade or some such. Having said that, your room will most likely not change.

You cannot chance the room (unless you call to upgrade to a different category or win an upsell bid).

The cruise line may change your room, but that rarely happens. It’s almost a 0% chance.

If you’re unhappy with your assignment, your only option is to pay more to move. You’ll have to pay the difference between what you paid and what the new room costs, not the difference between your current category and the new one (you mentioned on a different thread your current cabin would have cost $500 more than what you actually paid).

So let’s pretend you paid $1,000 per person, the current cabin costs $1,500 per person, and the next category up where you can select a room costs $2,000 per person. You would pay $1,000 per person additional to move to the new room (the difference between what the new room costs and what you paid), NOT $500 per person (the difference between what the new room costs and what your current category costs).

I'm okay with the room they put me in, that's why I was wondering if the could change it later. :D I would normally have booked it earlier and picked my room but the GTY was what was left.

I'm okay with the room they put me in, that's why I was wondering if the could change it later. :D I would normally have booked it earlier and picked my room but the GTY was what was left.

As I said, it IS possible, but very unlikely.

I have booked a guarantee (technically a regular cabin category that has moved into guarantee status -- ie paid full price for the category vs. booking a sail away rate) a couple of times. Once assigned, the room numbers never changed. I guess it's possible, but I agree with those who say it's unlikely.

Your cabin assignment can be changed at any time prior to sailing. In fact, even if you book a specific cabin it could be changed within its own category or to something higher. As a general rule NCL does not change cabins once they are assigned, but it happens occasionally.