Boarding procedures/PH1?

riffatsea

yes I found that on HAL as well

we were not allowed on the ship until after 2pm so just thought that was normal for the rooms to be ready (ours were chartered cruises)

Other days the rooms were not cleaned & made up until late in the morning or even mid afternoon which was annoying

Makes you wonder how well the rooms are turned over if people can stay in the until 9:30am & new pax get in before noon :confused:

Most people were off the ship much earlier (beginning as early as 7). We had the latest time to leave the ship as our flight was much later in the day. I did see that there were people besides room stewards working in the rooms and on the balconies before we left so maybe they draw in additional staff to help with quick turn around time.

I don't cruise enough to say how they usually do but I had no complaints on cabin cleanliness upon arrival. But we did have an issue with our cabin not being serviced sometimes until right before lunch which was annoying on sea days. There were other issues with the cruise as well but nothing that would keep me from sailing with them again if the timing and itinerary were right.

Most people were off the ship much earlier (beginning as early as 7). We had the latest time to leave the ship as our flight was much later in the day. I did see that there were people besides room stewards working in the rooms and on the balconies before we left so maybe they draw in additional staff to help with quick turn around time.

I don't cruise enough to say how they usually do but I had no complaints on cabin cleanliness upon arrival. But we did have an issue with our cabin not being serviced sometimes until right before lunch which was annoying on sea days. There were other issues with the cruise as well but nothing that would keep me from sailing with them again if the timing and itinerary were right.

the last cruise with them we were off by 9am but not many staff in the hallways at the time so I have no idea if they bring in extra staff

Some days our cabin was still not cleaned & the bed still unmade after 2 pm

good thing we are not messy people :halo:

anyway probably will not sail on HAL again so a moot point

Hardly an antiquated view - actually, let's call it realistic.

As I said, an A or B Oceania cabin is plenty big.

Look at the actual cabin in the yacht picture you provided. A 60' yacht's "salon" is a shared space for ALL cabins and often serves double duty in that it includes (or is immediately adjacent to) its galley, nav. station et al.

Recognize, as well, that there is/are at least one to two other smaller cabin(s) sharing that single salon.

To each his own. It's not for us to judge.

It would be fine if we could put our luggage into our cabin even if it was not "ready" for us to use. I got the impression that it was not done on Oceania.

Not sure why all the judgement abounding here about our preferences??

If you don't understand folks who travel light and like to keep their own things then I cannot explain it to you.

I too only travel with a carry-on and have not found going to Waves or Terrace Cafe for lunch an inconvenience.

If you don't want to take your carry-on with you, then check-in at 12:45 and you'll be on board at 1:00 PM when the PH cabins are ready. Yes, the other option is to book an OC, VS, or OS which are ready at 11:00 and a lot more spacious which is the main reason for booking those suites IMO.

Edited by Fam_Cruise

I really like how Crystal handles the hand-luggage issue at boarding lunchtime. They have a designated spot to place your bags just outside the dining room, and staff monitoring it. Very civilized.

I also don't love the idea of dragging my carry-on around, but will be boarding at 11 anyway. I love to take pictures of a ship and it's an ideal time to do so as it's fairly empty. Then to lunch, and finally our PH.

I really like how Crystal handles the hand-luggage issue at boarding lunchtime. They have a designated spot to place your bags just outside the dining room, and staff monitoring it. Very civilized.

I also don't love the idea of dragging my carry-on around, but will be boarding at 11 anyway. I love to take pictures of a ship and it's an ideal time to do so as it's fairly empty. Then to lunch, and finally our PH.

I remember Princess doing that on our first cruise (20 years ago) but not on the next 2.