My View: Live from a Back2Back Adventure on the Seas

Tonight was formal night. There is definitely quite a difference between boarding in New Jersey vs boarding in Florida. The formal night was much more dressy that we are used to on Florida departures. I don’t remember when the last time was I saw so many suits and tuxedos on a cruise... probably Celebrity to Alaska! There was still a wide variety of somewhat dressed up to very formal. It does not bother me what people wear, I am just stating these observations for those who always wonder what to pack.

My parents at dinner:

1ec40a6c9c891296c066a67fa0052f9c.jpg

We did not plan to match! I guess it just happens after 18 years of marriage (Or in the case of my parents, 48 years):

d463bb107b5b186755db51de8ed5f631.jpg

I managed to take one food picture! It is a new appetizer I had not seen before on the menu... will have to take the menu pictures next week.

b9c21f340f3f8b32506ad98f4ce982ea.jpg

funny red and red- blue and blue!

Thank you for that, being from the UK I would be very interested in the report on the bangers and mash!

My husband LOVES the bangers & mashed, and gets testy when they don’t have them! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband LOVES the bangers & mashed, and gets testy when they don’t have them! [emoji23]

I never ended up having them since we missed British night both weeks... another excuse to book a cruise! [emoji846] Must go back for British night.

I never ended up having them since we missed British night both weeks... another excuse to book a cruise! [emoji846] Must go back for British night.

As a native I'm wondering what else was included for British Night :confused:. Maybe pies, fish and chips and then I'm struggling a bit. You might not have missed much apart from the bangers and mash :D

Just a quick question if thats ok, I saw your second formal night MDR menus but there appeared to be no lobster tails.

Was that another night or missed on this cruise. We don't get it over here so I was kind of looking forward to it when we sail on Adventure from New York next year.

As a native I'm wondering what else was included for British Night :confused:. Maybe pies, fish and chips and then I'm struggling a bit. You might not have missed much apart from the bangers and mash :D

Just a quick question if thats ok, I saw your second formal night MDR menus but there appeared to be no lobster tails.

Was that another night or missed on this cruise. We don't get it over here so I was kind of looking forward to it when we sail on Adventure from New York next year.

Oops!!! Good catch! This is what happens when you are a day or two late posting! I will post the correct menu...

I will post a few more photos that I have left, then pause until we get home to post a few videos.

Thank you for following along with this “live” review that is now a bit “post-live”....

My countdown now officially says:

7a0a0e563be0e639e44cceb125b940c4.png

Sports Court:

8f1a503abe369d45770607e214f74cba.jpg

ea94d001ededcddf8c483fcdfb9f273a.jpg

In the center of this picture is the outside seating for the diamond lounge. That area was not open the few times I went to the lounge. The automatic sliding door from the lounge did not open:

66135b8e429a7a4961436016fe4405fc.jpg

Flowrider:

efb741b1899b1931a777ecad7de4ebd6.jpg

One of my favorite spots: Mini-golf

ee6b5e3985d12dc6fec047572ac0bad7.jpg

82e0b5f5dd639625847df5ffd35045a6.jpg

Tip: Make sure the previous group is done before you play the hole that rolls the ball down to the deck below:

c2a6bacf27357043624a46793abff2a7.jpg

In the background of this picture, you can see the table tennis area:

7c9a904f7d9d8d70fa58b7dd08c4b920.jpg

My final view, for now, until I can post videos from home this weekend:

313cb666cc9f988d3762a6263e205946.jpg

Thank you for making this review such fun by commenting, viewing, and participating in our voyage - whether from home or from a ship!

Oops!!! Good catch! This is what happens when you are a day or two late posting! I will post the correct menu...

Thank you very much for that, great to see the lobster is there!

Tip: On decks 6, 7, and 8 you can find these look out areas from where you can view the promenade, and get some views of the parade that is a bit removed from the crowds. It is not the best view of the parade, but a good alternative if you or your child don’t like the crowds.

When was the parade? Did they do it twice - one at the beginning and one at the end of the cruise? Thank you!

Thank you so much for the amazing review, APDMom! Your information is valuable in planning for my first Royal Caribbean cruise in a decade later this December aboard Adventure :) Did you receive my email?

Have a fabulous time aboard Harmony later this fall, I am sailing on her for the first time in December 2019 :D

Beautiful photos!!! What kind of camera do you use?

Thank you! I use a Nikon P900 (Superzoom, but a bit bulky to carry around) and a Nikon S9900 (more compact). I also use Polarr app for quick and easy editing on the iPad. [emoji846]

Tip: On decks 6, 7, and 8 you can find these look out areas from where you can view the promenade, and get some views of the parade that is a bit removed from the crowds. It is not the best view of the parade, but a good alternative if you or your child don’t like the crowds.

When was the parade? Did they do it twice - one at the beginning and one at the end of the cruise? Thank you!

The parade was around 5 p.m. on Thursday (last full day of the cruise). It is only done once on Adventure.

Thank you so much for the amazing review, APDMom! Your information is valuable in planning for my first Royal Caribbean cruise in a decade later this December aboard Adventure :) Did you receive my email?

Have a fabulous time aboard Harmony later this fall, I am sailing on her for the first time in December 2019 :D

Thanks, accio_7! Yes, I sent an e-mail back. You may want to check your spam. Since we are e-mailing from a resort, it may look like spam to your e-mail company. I will send the video to you this weekend, as I don’t have a way to transfer it from my camera to the iPad. Enjoy planning your adventure! I will probably do a live Harmony review too... and we are booked on her both November 2018 and November 2019. Hopefully, I can help you plan that one too. [emoji846]

Thanks, accio_7! Yes, I sent an e-mail back. You may want to check your spam. Since we are e-mailing from a resort, it may look like spam to your e-mail company. I will send the video to you this weekend, as I don’t have a way to transfer it from my camera to the iPad. Enjoy planning your adventure! I will probably do a live Harmony review too... and we are booked on her both November 2018 and November 2019. Hopefully, I can help you plan that one too. [emoji846]

All is good, just received it :)

Safe trip home!