My View: Live from a Back2Back Adventure on the Seas

This was also the second formal night. Adventure can really make a practical improvement here by switching formal night to day 5 (Saint John day), as sail away is much earlier. It is very unpractical to have all aboard the same time as early dining. We wanted to see sail away from Halifax, so we skipped formal night.

fe4956a1d6c1f2d7a0621c7b2ec71f23.jpg

55631c9f96ba80ffcece92a89bd0d1b0.jpg

ce270ffaae005718d5d3d94ec8f15435.jpg

51e0b40b7ad6e36e80d568e4328eb88d.jpg

We will be traveling for the next two days, but I will try to post a few things about our last sea day. I have many more ship pictures to post... Will be back with those also.

Thanks for following along!

My View: End of Week 2, Day 6: (Oh no! Those dreaded luggage tags!)

1e3ca24091cd44bd9a76b4d3f98cfa8c.jpg

I guess welcome back to NJ this morning! I hope the thunderstorms that are rolling thru this morning don't affect your debarkation too much.

We were on the first leg of your journey week 1 and thoroughly enjoyed it. I hope the weather was as good for you week 2 as the first week was. (Our servers in MDR were telling us that the Adventure cruise the week prior to ours was quite rainy) From skimming thru your week 2 pictures, it looks like it was pretty nice. It was an interesting experience with the temperature rising the further north we sailed from Nassau to Bayonne, which was the opposite of what you'd expect.

I remember thinking as we left the ship last Friday how much fun it would have been to stay onboard for the Canada/New England leg, but sadly, work beckoned. Maybe someday...

Looks like you had a fabulous 2 weeks and I hope you adjust well to life back on land...

I noticed that everyday from 3pm-4pm the Windjammer offers “tea time”. Do you know what types of snacks they serve?

On our recent Adventure cruises, they had nachos, taco fixings, hamburgers, hot dogs, and some scones.

• Haha 1

Thanks for the comments and compliments! We had two long days on the road, but I will try to post a few of the nitty gritty pieces of information about day 7.

APDMOM, I loved your pictures from Peggy's Cove and Halifax! Absolutely beautiful!

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your family vacation to share your experiences with us! I have really enjoyed the journey! Hope the transition back to home/work has been easier for you than it usually is for me! :D

APDMOM, I loved your pictures from Peggy's Cove and Halifax! Absolutely beautiful!

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your family vacation to share your experiences with us! I have really enjoyed the journey! Hope the transition back to home/work has been easier for you than it usually is for me! :D

Thank you! It was a lot of fun to do the trip report while on the cruise! It is so much easier than doing it at home where other obligations interfere with the fun [emoji846]

Sample lunch menu for Sapphire ( Main Dining Room):

be7152a866c43943f17ea07ce0f03358.jpg

Tip: If you enjoy pasta, they always have a pasta station at the MDR linch, which they prepare in front of you. You can also have a great salad prepared for you. In addition to the menu above, there is a small buffet at the MDR for lunch.

The menu can be viewed at the entrance of Sapphire on deck 3 - Available on sea days only:

964a3adaf0e9986299c09c416c580ec6.jpg

A good variety of desserts are also available at the lunch buffet area in the MDR. In addition, this was on display and served on the last day:

0d1fb81d1c0b313166c66710179ae9c6.jpg

Sadly, we were forced to contribute to the cruise graveyard this week (That is luggage for 5 people... :D):

f29a3511ae69e9bf4ac6e540a90bf9eb.jpg

I thought we would be tired of the ship and routines of cruising, but we were all wondering why we did not do a B2B2B!

Last day instructions:

066cc30a3d41b39fee8b61e3263da497.jpg

e5e5646b65d84aa0ee0efadd08562165.jpg

It has been a great first B2B experience! We loved the different itineraries and the large balcony. Unfortunately, we could not use the balcony much the second week. The fog made everything wet. Usually, this balcony is great, even if it rains. At least 75 % of it stays dry when there is rain or a storm.

If you are interested in this kind of balcony, they are numbers 7388 & 7688 on Voyager class ships, and 7408 & 7708 on Freedom class ships.

I will work on a summary of the good and the bad of our cruise, and post more ship pictures during this week. I also have some videos, which will have to wait until I get home next week.

Enjoy planning your cruise adventures! [emoji846]

WIFI:

I found the “surf” was very slow on this ship. During the first week, we used our “free diamond day” for the first day. The free diamond day included “surf and stream”. It was much faster to upload pictures. For the rest of the week, we just used the coupon to discount the “surf”package. It was pretty slow to upload the pictures.

The good thing about “Back to Back” is that we actually got an extra free day of internet. When it was turn over day, we still had 23 hours of internet left, so we scored a free day [emoji846]

During the second week, we used the extra free day from the previous week, our “free diamond day”, and splurged to pay $20 more for the 5 days of “surf and stream”. Upload speeds were much better, and wifi was great!

New to me: In the past, we had to log one device off to log another device on. Now, it will kick off the device currently connected, and connect the new device. I don’t know if this is unique to Adventure. I think it is more helpful that you don’t have to log off. However, you have to coordinate with your travel mates who share the wifi.

Prices on our cruise:

de95b4d153f6560e61c37ad9be44a6a8.jpg

88f93a95e4b8a69699c71174461204af.jpg