Room key question for Bliss

CPicott

We are 2 families (10 people total in 2 family rooms) taking our first NCL cruise to Alaska on Bliss. I’m trying to find a way to have everyone keep track of their room keys. If I get us all lanyards what are the room keys like? Do they swipe like a credit card or do they work differently? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are 2 families (10 people total in 2 family rooms) taking our first NCL cruise to Alaska on Bliss. I’m trying to find a way to have everyone keep track of their room keys. If I get us all lanyards what are the room keys like? Do they swipe like a credit card or do they work differently? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the Bliss for door entry to your stateroom you do not put in your card, you scan the card (it's sensored). anything else shops, bars, guest services they will need to swipe unless they manually punch it in.

On the Bliss for door entry to your stateroom you do not put in your card, you scan the card (it's sensored). anything else shops, bars, guest services they will need to swipe unless they manually punch it in.
I am on the Bliss now and the only time we need to get the card swiped is at the restaurants. Bars, go tracks, laser tags, cabin access, Haven access, and boarding or leaving the Bliss they have used the near field readers which works without taking the card out of the pouch on my landard.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Very young kids who will not be "out and about" on their own don't need to carry their own cards...their parent or another adult should keep them. They are needed to leave and return to the ship, and to open your door and charge purchases. Young kids have no need to do any of that...

Adults shouldn't have a problem keeping track of their key....a pocket works well for men, and a small purse works for women, along with their comb, or lipstick, tissues, etc.

You can have a hole punched in the card, so if you are wondering about buying plastic sleeves forget it. Just get Dollar Store lanyards and you can bring a hole punch or go to Guest Services and have them punch for you.
The Bliss cards should not be punched. In fact Bliss staff will not do it since the antenna that the near field uses is thru the whole card.

I have my kids keep theirs on the lanyard. Makes it simple getting on and of the ship and they love using them to open doors and always want to hand them in to the restaurants which saves me from having to dig mine out

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

You can have a hole punched in the card, so if you are wondering about buying plastic sleeves forget it. Just get Dollar Store lanyards and you can bring a hole punch or go to Guest Services and have them punch for you.

Incorrect. The Bliss cards are proximity card with internal wiring. You may NOT punch these cards.

The keys are standard credit card size cards.

Depending on where you use them, they have a magnetic strip, bar code, and proximity card. All three are widely used on the ship. A photo is attached. Also click on the main link at the top right to see other menus and ship pictures. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56272889&postcount=461