greek island private tours

daisylover

Hi Going on HA cruise this fall and want to do some private tours on some of the islands. I have been before but do not remember how we got private drivers. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Corfu is one stop we did before. We will use the HA excursion in Athens but do not want o pay huge fees on all islands Viator is one I have looked at Input please thanks Lynette

If you look on the Greece board, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

you will find lots of info on private tour vendors.

Look very carefully at Viator. Just because they have low prices doesn't mean they are great. There are many threads around Cruise Critic discussing that Viator is a broker...they don't actually provide the tour. There are many not so good experiences when trying to reach the local vendor Viator contracts with. We experienced bad customer service with Viator, and thus only deal direct with recommended vendors.

I have seen excellent recommendations for Rome and Athens....

I would really love to see any recommendations for Santorini.

This destination seems harder.

I am not sure HAL is still offering, or will continue to offer, the one very short tour that leaves and returns to to the one other nearby port area, avoiding the cable cars. That seems to have been the only option for completely avoiding the cable-cars. So, I have resigned to have to just deal with my true Vertigo and have to take the cable-cars back down to the tenders to return to the ship.

I am not sure that there are ANY tour guides on Santorini who are able/allowed to meet their cruise guests anywhere but the top of the cable-cars???

You should definitely post on the ports of call boards but that being said, when it comes to Santorini, I highly recommend Kostas. We arranged a tour with him last summer. We shared with another couple that we met on our roll call. I think at various points in the day we each declared it " The Best Day Ever!"

My sister and her husband were just on a tour with him in May and he far exceeded expectations.

We are returning to Santorini this summer and will tour with Kostas again.

https://santorini-private-guide.com/