Food allergy question (suite stay)

RD29P5

Does anyone know if food allergy information get's passed on from food services, or access desk to the suite butler's in regards to snacks brought to the suites? This is going to be our first suite experience, and I just want to avoid any complications due to a shellfish allergy. I do plan on making sure he/she knows once on board but it would take a bit of concern off my mind if that info got passed along by the access desk folks.

Does anyone know if food allergy information get's passed on from food services, or access desk to the suite butler's in regards to snacks brought to the suites? This is going to be our first suite experience, and I just want to avoid any complications due to a shellfish allergy. I do plan on making sure he/she knows once on board but it would take a bit of concern off my mind if that info got passed along by the access desk folks.

The safest thing to do is always to tell or remind anyone serving you about the food allergy, especially if cross-contamination could be a problem (because you can't "see" that on the plate, if it occurred in the kitchen).

We always bring a short note for the Butler, sort of an "Introduction", very brief, but mentioning any special requests that tend to be more than on the spur of the moment.

So the Butler has a *written* message about the allergy.

We also mention that she/he can read it later (but we do mention the allergy straight away, of course) because we understand that first afternoon/evening can be very busy.

Invariably, the Butler returns later that first day, or early the next day, with the note in hand, and a pen, and asks a few questions, and *always* thanks us for putting it all in writing as an easy reminder.

We also use this opportunity to request "our choice" of snacks, not the default. (We don't want "sweets", unless it is dark chocolate :D )

GC

Our butler had no idea about our child’s food allergy. We still don’t know if the baked goods brought to the room are safe for her because we rarely see our butler. We’ve had a couple of meals where it took almost an hour to get the kids’ food because of the allergy.

We eat out frequently and have never had as much trouble as the NCL sailing we’re currently on.

Why would you not mention it to your butler? Testing the system with your health? You MUST plan on making sure that your butler knows.

Why would you not mention it to your butler? Testing the system with your health? You MUST plan on making sure that your butler knows.

Let me help you out here, because evidently you have a comprehension issue.

I do plan on making sure he/she knows once on board but it would take a bit of concern off my mind if that info got passed along by the access desk folks.

Once in a while when I have a long day combined with little sleep something might just slip by or I may forget to mention it right off the bat. So if they were informed ahead of time it is just one less thing for me to have to deal with, after two flights, little sleep and a long train ride to port.

Thanks to those who actually answered the question.