Regal Princess Services

Is it possible to have Shelac Nails done on board Regal Princess?

This is a question that should be asked on the PCL board for an exact response. However if I were you I would get my "Gel" nails done before getting on board.

I had Shellac nails done on Diamond Princess a few months ago, so I assume this type of manicure would be offered on all Princess ships including Regal.

The manicurist did a very nice job, and didn't pester me about buying products or other treatments. She asked if I wanted a pedicure but said no more about it when I declined.

Thanks. Could you please tell me how much they charged?

I can, but I'm not sure how much use it will be to you as I was doing a cruise out of Australia so onboard costs were in AUD. However, if it helps, it was AU $57.75 - roughly US $42.50 at today's exchange rate, although I'm not sure what exchange rate Princess uses to determine it's Australian pricing.

I can, but it won't be relevant to your cruise as I was doing a cruise our of Australia so onboard costs were in AUD. However, if it helps, it was AU $57.75 - roughly US $42.50 at today's exchange rate, although I'm not sure what exchange rate Princess uses to determine it's Australian pricing.

Thanks. You have been very helpful. I'm Aussie - so with the present exchangerate at about 74cents there is quite a difference.

We toured USA when 1 usd = 1.05 aud. Ahhh those were the days!!!

I'm just not sure how the USD spa prices compare to the AUD prices. They aren't necessarily a direct conversion.

I did some research and you can actually see what they are by making a dummy booking in the Personaliser. Go into onboard reservations, then Spa Services. Select Schedule an Appointment, pick a date then select Salon Services and select the Shellac manicure. It will then show the price.

I think land prices are much lower than cruise prices for such services.

I get my deluxe pedi ($27) and regular mani ($10) done before the cruise.

My "Gel" nail cost is $25.00 at my local salon...as I recommended the OP would do much better getting it done before leaving on her cruise..... My "Gel" (that's what we call them on the west coast) nail manicure lasts usually a month.

The OP has already mentioned she is Australian so quoting US land prices aren't really relevant. Prices are higher here.

Yes, getting gel nails done before your cruise is the ideal but sometimes it isn't possible. And I had a complete failure of my OPI GelCoat after only a few days on our last cruise which is why I had to have my nails redone. First time ever I've had a gel failure like that. Usually they last 3-4 weeks with minimal problems.

It depends. It was about AU $15 higher than my beautician charges, but I was happy with that since there was no real alternative.

However price isn't always the issue. If you don't have time to get your nails done before your cruise then getting them done on the ship is the best solution.