Have you stayed in an Inside cabin and would you again?

sjde

I do have an off topic question for Yukonjake, though:

I've often wondered if in a submarine you feel the ocean like on a ship or not really since you are surrounded by the water:confused:

Thanks and sorry for the thread jack.

It's not the "surrounded by water," but the depth. Sea motion only goes so deep.

During normal weather conditions, you don't feel much motion at operating depth. That being said, I have taken 30-degree rolls for days at a time at deep depths in the North Atlantic (above the Arctic Circle). I cannot imagine what it must have been like on the surface.

It's not the "surrounded by water," but the depth. Sea motion only goes so deep.

During normal weather conditions, you don't feel much motion at operating depth. That being said, I have taken 30-degree rolls for days at a time at deep depths in the North Atlantic (above the Arctic Circle). I cannot imagine what it must have been like on the surface.

Thanks for the explanation:)

I've sailed in inside cabins, balconies and mini-suites (basically a balcony room, but a bigger bathroom). In my opinion, they're all fine. I'll go for a balcony or mini-suite if the price isn't outrageous, but I'm also happy with an inside cabin. I do find that we spend more time in the cabin if we have the balcony, but even so, I'm not sure I ever get my monies worth. If I had to choose between an inside cabin, or not going on a cruise at all, I'd pick an inside cabin any day.