Have you stayed in an Inside cabin and would you again?

sjde

Hi,

Inside cabins are great.

Little tip, if you have the bed as a double there will be a small space either side of the bed but if you have them apart as two singles the space is doubled between the beds, this makes it a lot easier for night time trips to the bog.

Since I sleep with my eyes closed, an inside doesn't bother me at all. :D I prefer the owner's suite, but that's not going to happen with our budget if I want to cruise more than once every five years.

We have sailed inside for almost three weeks this past year. Remember, these aren't prison ships. They do let you out of your cabin.

LOL, I must remember that line.:D

Hi,

Inside cabins are great.

Little tip, if you have the bed as a double there will be a small space either side of the bed but if you have them apart as two singles the space is doubled between the beds, this makes it a lot easier for night time trips to the bog.

this is what we do for when we have inside cabins.

I’ve cruised twice (2005 for 14 days, and 2015 for 5 days). Both were inside and I still enjoyed both immensely. Headed out soon for my third cruise. This one is 7 days to Alaska...and we got an aft penthouse! I fear I may never want to return to our inside standard.

Over the years we have done every thing from suite to inside. Our favorite is obstructed view with us checking the floor plan for the deck and picking a cabin not so obstructed.

With that said, we will grab a inside if it is all that is left such as our Trans Atlantic last year from UK to USA for 15 days. The $199.00 each price tag was hard to beat.

When we do inside I bring battery operated tea lights that are set out on desk and in bathroom for night time visits. Works well.

Bob

We have been on over 80 cruises , even back in the day before balconies .

To do that , at times we took an Inside cabin that our budget allowed .

If the Balcony price means not cruising , then Inside is still fine for us but

as long as a Balcony is reasonable , we go for it . Book early and watch the Sales to adjust if necessary .

There is a reason why guests state that they book their Inside cabin because "we don't spend much time there" .Of course , who wants to spend waking hours in a closet ?

I've stayed in an inside several times, and I'd do it again like a shot. I never missed natural light. My DH, however, found them claustrophobic. So no more insiders for us.

Same here except it's DW that wants to only sail in balcony cabins. I would be more than willing to sail in an inside again, especially if it would mean being able to afford sailing with a new cruise line.

We have been in a few inside rooms and no issue with them. In most situations they are a much better value then other rooms. I take into consideration the size of the room (square footage) since there is a bigger difference on the various ships. It depends if you feel that you are getting value for a more expensive room. We have been lucky for an upgrade on certain cruises but will not pay for it since it is not worth it for us. Use inside rooms and cruise more.

There is a reason why guests state that they book their Inside cabin because "we don't spend much time there" .Of course , who wants to spend waking hours in a closet ?

:rolleyes:

I've sailed in balconies, deluxe balconies, and mini-suites and guess what -- I did not spend time in my cabin then either. In fact, on one cruise I realized that I had gone out onto the balcony exactly twice during the entire week -- once to check it out when we first entered the room, and once on a specific morning to see how far we were from port.

That was the point at which I realized balcony cabins are wasted on me.

:rolleyes:

I've sailed in balconies, deluxe balconies, and mini-suites and guess what -- I did not spend time in my cabin then either. In fact, on one cruise I realized that I had gone out onto the balcony exactly twice during the entire week -- once to check it out when we first entered the room, and once on a specific morning to see how far we were from port.

That was the point at which I realized balcony cabins are wasted on me.

For us it really depends on the itinerary, warm climate and lots of sea days, a balcony for sure. cold weather and lots of port days, an oceanview or inside is enough.

In my cruise history, I've had one Oceanview and two balconies, but that was because I was traveling with my mother. Since I am solo for my upcoming cruise, I've had to book an inside cave to remain within budget because I have to pay for two people.

We’ve booked insides & balconies in the past, plus one or two ocean-view. We have an inside coming up - 19 Days TransPacific. Other insides were 7 days or less. Looking forward to enjoying ourselves!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked an inside cabin once but never again . We like waking up and being able to look outside.

My in-laws always took inside cabins. They felt that they spent less time in their cabin and the darkness was great for sleep. Like you,I need light. For a warm cruise or one with scenic cruising,we take a balcony. I love to sit out there particularly at sail away. For cool weather, we take an outside.My DH, probably wouldn’t care lol.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We typically cruise 3 or 4 times a year so the savings of booking inside is certainly a factor. Other factors include the darkness which we both love. As I get older afternoon naps become more enjoyable. The one thing that really impacts our decision to avoid balconies is the people who smoke on them. We can’t enjoy sitting outside when we have to smell cigarette, cigar and even occasionally pot smoke. And every time we open the balcony door that smell permeates the whole room. Been there, done that. No thanks.

If I cruise solo, an inside is sufficient. If Evelyn is accompanying me, then we always book a balcony.

There is more to having a balcony for a couple than just the daylight or lack of it. The balcony is a private space for those who appreciate quiet times and wave watching, something you don't always have up on the pool deck. A couple can share the space or not, depending on their preferences. In an inside, a couple is always faced with each other, not bad if that's what you like, not great if you appreciate a little me time as well.

Some manage to share an inside comfortably with 4 to a inside cabin, god bless em. We could never do it.

We are Diamond on RCL and Platinum on CCL. Got there sailing inside cabins. For us the cabin is quantity over quality. Our vacation is spent outside of the cabin. If I was going to stay inside the cabin I would have no need to cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums