Parking in New York

Takoyaki

There are many options but if you have any plans on exploring the city before or after the cruise I would suggest paying for the terminal parking, you may save a few bucks elsewhere but the convenience of just dropping your bags in you car after and heading out to explore or doing the same before the cruise is worth it in my opinion

Hello all!

Looking at the getaway from NY to Bermuda for 4 days and was hoping I could get suggestions for parking. Are there lots, prices, or would parking elsewhere and taking transit work?

There is parking right next to the terminal. Not cheap (hey...it's NYC), but you can't beat the convenience.

https://www.nycruise.com/manhattan-terminal/parking/

Parking+train is tricky. Not many places to park long term and adding train cost gets you close to the cost of parking in the city. Many people park in a nearby garage, with or without pickup/drop off service, but be aware that adds time when you return. Parking on the pier is very convenient and for the convenience of being right there and not moving luggage very far (and skycap help) it's well worth it.

Of course if you are arriving the night before and staying in a hotel you will have the expensive one night in a garage at or near your hotel too.

I used the Pier 83 parking (Circle Line Sightseeing pier) when I was there in June. It was cheaper than parking at the cruise pier, but only a couple of blocks away. It's easy pull-in self parking. Only "downside" is there is chance you will be asked to park on the upper level, which isn't covered parking.

Probably not for a 4 day cruise, but for longer trips we rent a car, drop it off then pick up a new rental car for the return trip. Can be cheaper then leaving our own car in a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've sailed out of NYC a few times, and bought a Stay, Park and Cruise package in Seacaucus, NJ. We'd come in the day before, and parking is free for 10 days, plus they have a free shuttle to the port. They'll pick you up after the cruise as well, but for some hotels that leg is not included (costs about $20 or so per person, if I recall). We found it well worth it.