Laurie12820's Live AdventureOS Thread (feat. Cabin 1864!!) ~ July 6-13

Hello! Hola! Ola!

Welcome to my live thread! My goal is to update this at least once a day while we are away. (yn)

Cast:

Myself: Laurie, wife, mom of 2 DDs and teacher (on summer break!). This will be my 6th cruise with Royal Caribbean, which means that this is my first cruise as a platinum member! WOOHOO!!! It has been a loooooooooooooooooooong time since my last cruise. My last cruise was July 2012 on Disney Magic and my last RCCL cruise was January 2009! :eek: The largest ship I have been on to date is the Adventure's sister, Mariner of the Seas. That was back in 2007 and I participated in a fun thing that was happening on CC back then. A young man had a Royal Caribbean beanie baby that he named Bennie and he shipped him to different CC members so that they could take him on different ships. The website for this is still up and running, go ahead and check it out when you are bored! Where's Bennie? It was such a fun experience! The smallest ship I have been on is the Empress of the seas, I have actually sailed her twice! I am excited to get heading back to the Voyager class ship, especially after the refurb of Adventure!

The Mister: Jerry, husband, dad of 2 DDs and tech guru. This will be his 5th cruise with RCCL and his first as a Platinum member as well. Like me, it has been a looooooooooooooong time since his last cruise as well, "et cetera, et cetera, et cetera". Any musical buffs here? See how I used a quote from my all time favorite musical? Can you guess which one it is?! Sorry, total diversion there! Anywho, The Mister loves to cruise like me, has been on the same ships as I and is excited to try a new category of cabin this time.

***Disclaimer: The Mister and I don't like to post pictures of the girls on the internet, nor use their real names either.***

DD1: So, for this report we will refer to DD1 as C. C is 8 years old, soon to be 9. C has been on one cruise so far, the Disney Magic. She was just shy of three years old so her memory of the cruise is fuzzy to say the least. Glad we paid all of that money...Who am I kidding...The cruise was mostly for our enjoyment, lol. She did however have an excellent time on the cruise, so, it wasn't a total wash. ;p She is super excited for this cruise and cannot wait to try the FlowRider and water slides. Oh, and the free all-you-can-eat soft serve.

DD2: We will refer to her as, M. M will turn 3 the day before the cruise! She is very excited about this trip (and her birthday) and keeps talking about "my vacation". Fortunately, daycare was awesome and got her potty-trained a few months ago so she will be able to spend some time in AO which she is looking forward to. She loves to be with other kids her age. This will be M's first cruise, I can't wait to see her reactions to everything!

Setting

Our Cabin: 1864 - Panoramic Oceanview

874-2.jpg

That, right there, is the only photo one can find on this cabin and it happens to be the stock RCCL photo. I know this cabin has been the talk of CC and Facebook. It's elusive. No one has posted pictures yet! Well, I have taken on the responsibility to photograph and post pictures and videos of this room ASAP. I have already told my family that they cannot enter the room until I have completely photographed and recorded the room :').

This room was one of the new cabins that they installed during the last drydock in March. It is also a pie shaped room as you can see in the deck plan here:

IIzw+HTAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCAA==

We are very excited to have scooped up this super neat cabin. We enjoy finding "different" cabins to stay in on our cruises. We had a "sideways" cabin on Disney Magic, tried out a Promenade Room on Mariner and the last balcony on the Port side of the Grandeur.

Pre-Cruise Plans

We are heading out to NJ the day before the cruise (July 5th), also M's birthday. We have a room booked at the

Holiday Inn Express for the night before the cruise. The Mister is an IHG Rewards Member so we are staying for free. I am slightly nervous about the stay at this hotel. Although it is practically brand new it is also practically on top of train tracks and the highway. But, it's one night, so whatever. The last time we cruised out of the NYC/NJ area we drove in the day of the cruise and all was well, but, with rewards points available we decided to just head down a day early and take the more relaxed approach.

It will be M's birthday so we are planning on stopping at Carlo's bakery to get some birthday treats. Other than that we are going to visit Liberty park and just enjoy our time together as a family. We aren't looking to visit Ellis Island or the Statue of Liberty this trip as M is a but young for that. We will admire Lady Liberty from the sidelines.

I hope you all will follow along and I hope you will enjoy my (hopefully) live AOS thread!

Also, follow me on Instagram: cruisinlaurie12820

Got some more packing done today and I got my pre-cruise mani-pedi. C came with me as did The Mister! He got a pedicure for the first time and said, "Now I know why you like coming!" :')

IMG_3361_zpsotvra5iw.jpg

Of course all of my nails broke within the last week, so I don't have much to work with. Hopefully the gel color and being on vacation will help them grow, lol.

As for packing, the girls and I are pretty much packed. We have one whole suitcase with just shoes. I haven't told DH about that yet! HAHAHAHA! The girls and I are packing in my new hard shell Swiss Gear suitcase:

IMG_3355_zps6gdpejlp.jpg

I bought a set of packing cubes just to see how I like them, and, I am in love!

IMG_3354_zpsjbdkrfqk.jpg

I've organized my clothes and hair tools using these packing cubes. I will probably get some for the girls for our next trip as well.

Tomorrow we are off to go shopping for DH. He has lost a considerable amount of weight and he is in need of some new clothes. What better occasion to shop for than a cruise!

More tomorrow!

Fyi. Don't bother with Carlos bakery, it's just an expensive tourist trap.

Thanks! We have been before. We just more so wanted a few cupcakes to celebrate M’s birthday tomorrow. It’s pretty close to where we are staying. [emoji4]

We are all packed and ready to head out in the morning. We are hoping to take a nice relaxed approach in driving to NJ tomorrow. The birthday fairy is getting ready to put balloons in the girls' room for M's birthday tomorrow. Can't wait to see her reaction!

Following along (here and instagram). That stateroom looks great...very spacious. We booked Anthem out of NY for the location as different from Florida (and drivable for us), so interested in Adventure too. Enjoy your cruise - and pre time in NY. And Happy Birthday to your little one!

Following along (here and instagram). That stateroom looks great...very spacious. We booked Anthem out of NY for the location as different from Florida (and drivable for us), so interested in Adventure too. Enjoy your cruise - and pre time in NY. And Happy Birthday to your little one!

Thank you! We have sailed from NY once on Disney up to Canada and it was great to be able to drive to port.

Good Morning!

Our luggage is ready to be put into the car:

d3b07ec0e06cce0983cbdbb788cf9b69.jpg

M was excited to say the least when she woke up. She loved the balloons and REALLY loved the BabyAlive doll her sister picked out for her for her birthday. She keeps saying she wants to go on the cruise and I have to keep reminding her that it’s tomorrow, lol.

We are having breakfast, getting the neighbor settled in our house and then planning to hit the road to NJ!

Happy birthday to your daughter, Laurie, and safe travels to New Jersey! I hope you all had a wonderful Independence Day holiday :)

Thank you! We spent yesterday shopping for DH and packing his things! [emoji23]

Hi there, our friends had cabin 1864 on Navigator , you will love it, the panoramic windows are amazing.

We did sailaway from New York last November with 8 people in the room , it was freezing out on deck, but we were all toastie inside with amazing views.