Booking four in an Allure balcony cabin for five?

I know I have read in the past that sometimes parties of 2 have trouble booking in a quad cabin. I also know that until a certain point, you need 5 to book whatever they are calling family cabins these days.

This is in regards to the "regular" balcony cabins on Oasis and Allure that are noted with the black diamond to sleep 5 (bed, couch for 2, and one pull down bunk).

Would there be any trouble booking four in one of those cabins?

I know I have read in the past that sometimes parties of 2 have trouble booking in a quad cabin. I also know that until a certain point, you need 5 to book whatever they are calling family cabins these days.

This is in regards to the "regular" balcony cabins on Oasis and Allure that are noted with the black diamond to sleep 5 (bed, couch for 2, and one pull down bunk).

Would there be any trouble booking four in one of those cabins?

Only way to know is to either try and book one online and see if it's available or call.

What cabin, ship, date?

We'll be onboard Freedom a week from Saturday, so we are going to try to book then.

3/24/19 - Allure out of Miami.

I know that there are (black diamond) cabins available (from the UK site), but they are not "offered" on the US site.

Wasn't sure if this is because they want 5 in there or if it's just their algorithm for offering cabins.

Here's the full story:

Family of 5: two parents, a 16 year old, 13 year old and 9 year old.

Spring break cruise. Father in law is coming along, but we will book one of us in his cabin to avoid him paying a single supplement.

Not sure if we will sleep all five of us in one cabin or if my husband will bunk with his father. If possible, we'd like to book a "black diamond cabin" to give us the option to have all five of us in one cabin. Or, if my husband bunks with his dad, the cabin for five will allow each of the remaining four of us to have our own beds (only one in the couch).

I know it's tight - we're ok with that.

Here's the full story:

Family of 5: two parents, a 16 year old, 13 year old and 9 year old.

Spring break cruise. Father in law is coming along, but we will book one of us in his cabin to avoid him paying a single supplement.

Not sure if we will sleep all five of us in one cabin or if my husband will bunk with his father. If possible, we'd like to book a "black diamond cabin" to give us the option to have all five of us in one cabin. Or, if my husband bunks with his dad, the cabin for five will allow each of the remaining four of us to have our own beds (only one in the couch).

I know it's tight - we're ok with that.

If kids sail free, the single supplement wont make a difference in total price of two cabins

It will be interesting to see if you do have an issue booking the cabin for 4 as I routinely book 2 people in balcony cabins that will accommodate 3-4 persons and have never had an issue. Hopefully it will all work out for your group!

There is abosolutely no issue booking 5 into one of these balcony cabins. I just checked using the travel agent site and there are lots of those cabins available in both the 5D (decks 10-14) and category 7D (decks 6-9). If the website won’t let you book it just call or use a travel agent. Like I said I went as far the entering the guest name stage...not an issue.