Coco Cay ..... Cabanas etc for May 2019?

We will be stopping at Coco Cay Mid May 2019... We really want to book a cabana but I'm confused about the 'future updates'. I thought South beach cabanas and coco beach cabanas already existed... we have never been to the island. Any insight out there? We hope to book before our cruise. And really hoping they finish the May 19 updates in the early part of May :confused:

this is from the RC blog..

• The new pier will open in November 2018.
  • Up, Up and Away helium balloon, Chill Island, and Oasis Lagoon freshwater pool will open in December 2018.
  • Thrill Waterpark, the Zip Line, Splashaway Bay aquapark, Captain Jack’s dining, Skipper’s Grill dining, and Captain
    Jack’s Galleon will open in May 2019.
  • South Beach, Coco Beach Club and the overwater cabanas will open in December 2019.

Cabana Prices

Perfect Day at CocoCay will offer beach umbrellas, clamshells and daybeds for a rental charge.

In addition, cabanas will be available at beaches, Thrill Waterpark, and Oasis Lagoon freshwater pool. Or elevate your beach day with an overwater cabana at Coco Beach Club, which accommodates up to eight guests and comes with attendant service, a private hammock, a minibar, and your own personal slide into the sea.

Some cabanas come with extra perks, too. If you reserve a cabana at Thrill Waterpark, you’ll enjoy complimentary entry to all of the slides and activities inside for up to six guests. If you reserve a cabana at Coco Beach Club (including the overwater cabanas), you’ll enjoy complimentary access to the club for up to eight guests.

Cabana pricing varies by season. See price ranges below.

• Like 1

We will be stopping at Coco Cay Mid May 2019... We really want to book a cabana but I'm confused about the 'future updates'. I thought South beach cabanas and coco beach cabanas already existed... we have never been to the island. Any insight out there? We hope to book before our cruise. And really hoping they finish the May 19 updates in the early part of May :confused:

• Up, Up and Away helium balloon, Chill Island, and Oasis Lagoon freshwater pool will open in December 2018.
  • Thrill Waterpark, the Zip Line, Splashaway Bay aquapark, Captain Jack’s dining, Skipper’s Grill dining, and Captain
  • South Beach, Coco Beach Club and the overwater cabanas will open in December 2019.

Cabana Prices

Perfect Day at CocoCay will offer beach umbrellas, clamshells and daybeds for a rental charge.

In addition, cabanas will be available at beaches, Thrill Waterpark, and Oasis Lagoon freshwater pool. Or elevate your beach day with an overwater cabana at Coco Beach Club, which accommodates up to eight guests and comes with attendant service, a private hammock, a minibar, and your own personal slide into the sea.

Some cabanas come with extra perks, too. If you reserve a cabana at Thrill Waterpark, you’ll enjoy complimentary entry to all of the slides and activities inside for up to six guests. If you reserve a cabana at Coco Beach Club (including the overwater cabanas), you’ll enjoy complimentary access to the club for up to eight guests.

I cant open the link :(

We will also make a stop at Coco Cay in May 2019. Our cruise planner gives us an option of booking a Cabana at Thrill Water Park, Chill Island (the regular beach) or the Lagoon Fresh Water Pool. The Coco Beach and South Beach Cabanas will not be available until Dec 2019.

From the Cruise Planner pictures and descriptions it seems as though the Chill Island and Lagoon Cabanas will be the same as the Cabanas that exist now on Coco Cay and Labadee (wood frame, sectional sofa, two resort loungers, outlets for charging). The Thrill Water Park Cabanas look completely different. They appear to be tents. The description says a sectional sofa and comfy chairs. You don't know until you get there or see a trip report. They appear to surround the wave pool.

I really didn't like the picture of the Thrill Water Park Cabanas. But this stop is all about our son, so we went ahead and reserved one. The price includes full day admission for up to 6 people to the water park.

• Like 1

We will also make a stop at Coco Cay in May 2019. Our cruise planner gives us an option of booking a Cabana at Thrill Water Park, Chill Island (the regular beach) or the Lagoon Fresh Water Pool. The Coco Beach and South Beach Cabanas will not be available until Dec 2019.

From the Cruise Planner pictures and descriptions it seems as though the Chill Island and Lagoon Cabanas will be the same as the Cabanas that exist now on Coco Cay and Labadee (wood frame, sectional sofa, two resort loungers, outlets for charging). The Thrill Water Park Cabanas look completely different. They appear to be tents. The description says a sectional sofa and comfy chairs. You don't know until you get there or see a trip report. They appear to surround the wave pool.

I really didn't like the picture of the Thrill Water Park Cabanas. But this stop is all about our son, so we went ahead and reserved one. The price includes full day admission for up to 6 people to the water park.

THANKS! this is a huge help... I found a couple pics but it's hard to tell what I'm looking at. We would probably go with Chili Island or Lagoon Cabana.. my preference is an ocean view but it looks like it is not walking distance to the water park. Can you tell how far chili cabanas are from the water park? and is the Lagoon area right next to the water park?

Cabana Prices

Do you know what date in May 2019 for those opening then. We'll be there May 22.

I booked the oasis cabana but really thought hard about the thrill island cabana. At the end of the day, I decided we can buy thrill island passes. I dont' know if my youngest will be into thrill island and I do know I love the idea of relaxing at the oasis.

I booked the oasis cabana but really thought hard about the thrill island cabana. At the end of the day, I decided we can buy thrill island passes. I dont' know if my youngest will be into thrill island and I do know I love the idea of relaxing at the oasis.

that's what we are considering.. I'm wondering if our kids can run back and forth from the oasis/ or Chili island cabanas to the thrill park.. or is it super far? :confused:

THANKS! this is a huge help... I found a couple pics but it's hard to tell what I'm looking at. We would probably go with Chili Island or Lagoon Cabana.. my preference is an ocean view but it looks like it is not walking distance to the water park. Can you tell how far chili cabanas are from the water park? and is the Lagoon area right next to the water park?

The view on the map does not appear to be too far apart. When you first enter I think you go left, over a bridge, to get to Chill Island . Straight ahead to get to the Lagoon and slightly right to get to the Water Park. There are videos on YouTube and an interactive tour on the Royal Caribbean web page. It had a nice interactive trip up the balloon that gives you a panoramic view of most of the island.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does anyone know if the chill island cabanas will still have their own buffet like they do now?

I don’t think that they will. Chill Island is not an exclusive area. Only Coco Beach is exclusive and has an admission charge. I think all other Cabana guest eat the same buffet as everyone else. Similar to the Cabanas on Nellies Beach at Labadee.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

This topic has been as helpful as I can expect when predictions are being made about CocoCay (I mean, PDACC). We will be there in April 2020, and the only options available to us right now are a beach float for $18/pp and a cabana at Chill Island for $549. It's pretty disappointing that for that price you don't get some privacy, which for me is a nice name for respite from screaming kids and long buffet lines. There are cabana attendants, so I suppose they will bring lunch to you, the way it was done for the Bungalows and Beach Beds on South Beach the last time we visited.  We bit the bullet and booked a Chill Island cabana, and hope but don't really expect that the over-water cabanas will be ready before we cruise. If they are, I will steel my nerves and rent that and give up Chill Island because hubby really wants to  do the over-water thing. The other ports on the cruise will cost us $0 in excursions so I guess it averages out.

27 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

... Is thus included in deluxe bev package.  ...

I would be surprised if self-serve alcohol was included, but I don't know for sure since this does not yet exist.  I do recall that when Vintages had self serve wine machines, they were not included in any of the packages.