Seaview July 6 2018 sailing

wetwash

Hi “friends”! We (husband and 2 daughters-18&19) arrived in Barcelona this morning from NY (yes we missed the fireworks as we flew on the 4th of July [emoji6])! Anyway - we are ready to set sail tomorrow on Seaview. Luckily I love my phone and I will have some access on/off the cruise to check so post your questions and /or anything you want me to look out for and I will do my best to answer! I found cc so helpful in the past and realize there is not a lot of info Seaview so I’ll be happy to add to it. Please note -

1) we are fantastica cruisers so no yacht club info

2) we are traveling on a “budget” (two girls in college next month [emoji51]) and have inside rooms (although last year on Divina we had balcony -

Would have preferred they but due to a bunch of reasons we are inside - which means we will have lots of time outside the cabins exploring the ship and ports)

3) we don’t have (yet) any specialty dining booked but do have the classic drink packages for husband and me - the firms will make do with the fantastica vouchers

4) the only MSC excursion we booked was Pompei due to the time constraints, we will play it by ear and do our own thing at the other ports!

Ask away [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We join the ship next week(13th) and would like to know how dining room allocations work. We have been assigned late sitting but I understand this could be as late as 9.15pm - too late for grandsons. Any chance we could get this changed. We are on the Fantastica package in a Super Family Plus balcony cabin.

Can you clarify what the costs are for the zip wire, bowling and Formula 1 car - believe there is a voucher you can buy to cover these.

Hope you are enjoying this new ship.

One thing I would mention is that if you are not taking ships Shore excursions in Marseille you will have to pay for shuttle bus here.

Suron

We join the ship next week(13th) and would like to know how dining room allocations work. We have been assigned late sitting but I understand this could be as late as 9.15pm - too late for grandsons. Any chance we could get this changed. We are on the Fantastica package in a Super Family Plus balcony cabin.

Can you clarify what the costs are for the zip wire, bowling and Formula 1 car - believe there is a voucher you can buy to cover these.

One thing I would mention is that if you are not taking ships Shore excursions in Marseille you will have to pay for shuttle bus here.

Suron

The shuttle bus in Marseille is €15.90 for adults; €9.90 for children.

They have a system whereby passes are delivered to your cabin the previous evening. if you want to use them you just sign the tickets and present them to the staff at the shuttle bus

They have a fun pass.

Here are the details

I don't know the actual costs for each element included in the pass

fun%20pass.jpg

Pete

Suron

Skier52 answered most of your questions but as far as dinner you can change he day you embark by visiting the dining room after 2pm and speaking to manager who is sitting a outside to handle such requests. We just did that as we had the opposite problem . And the last dinner is actually 9:45pm - they have 3 seatings starting at 6pm!

hello what dining room and dining time have you been allocated?

We had early seating (6pm) at silver dolphin (originally we were part of a larger group who wanted early but since it is just my immediate family we wanted later so now have the middle seating (after 8pm) starting tomorrow). Tonight we are choosing to skip the dining room in favor of enjoying the pool and sail away party..we will grab some food in the buffet before the show (Tina Turner tribute) at 9:15pm. There are three showings and you need to reserve to guarantee a seat!

So far we are enjoying our first day and have no complaints!

Hi back on the ship after a self guided tour to Notre Dame de garde

And Vieux port in Marseille- skipped the shuttle and the petit train (although good options) and ubered to Notre Dame de la garde and walked down to Vieux port for some time there before taking taxi back to ship! Euro 25 for Uber to top of hill and euro $20 back from Vieux port to ship

Thank you Skier52 and Wetwash for your info.

We will certainly check out the fun pass - the twin grandsons are keen to experience the zip line etc.

We will also try and make sure we get a reasonable time for dining room.

We have set up the MSC app so will be able to book show times etc.

Just getting ready to meet up with son and his family who are flying into Heathrow from Dubai where they are based. We then fly out to Barcelona for a couple of days there before boarding Seaview. We have a three bedroomed apartment just about ten minutes from Sagrada Familia and have already booked our slot for that.

Having booked this cruise over 18 months ago we are so excited that it has finally come around.

Thank you for all the help given. Enjoy your cruise

Suzanne

Thanks for sharing information!

When you have dinner around 8 pm how long last the dinner and what time have you choosen to book for the shows?

What did you do in Genua?

// Liselotte

Dinner was quick - you could do the 9:15pm show but book seats ahead or it could sell out!

I’ve enjoyed the first two show (Tina Turner and Disney/showtunes variety) more than the flaningo dancing they had last night but I realize it is subjective!

In Genoa we left the ship around 11:30am, walked around the old port and old town for a few hours and the. Back onboard to enjoy the afternoon by the pool (deck 16 promenade pool is our favorite and although we had to search a bit for loungers and wait a

Bit for Our drinks due to the crowed up there it all worked out!)! The second sail away party (first was in barcemona) was enjoyable!

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for letting us know about your day in Genoa.

Can you post the restaurants hours for Monday in Naples?

Thank you in advance.

Early seating 5:45pm/6pm

Mid seating 7:45/8pm

Late seating 9:45/10pm

Same every evening. You will have an assigned restaurant/seating but can also eat in specialty restaurants or buffet. We skipped our 8pm dinner in MDR as our Pompeii excursion didn’t arrive back until after 7pm and we were hot and sweaty and didn’t want to rush. We took our time getting changed , ate in the buffet, enjoyed the white party festivities , saw the show (variety show - more singing and dancing!!)!.

It was an enjoyable evening- make sure you pack something white to wear or you will feel out of place 😉

Arrived early in Messina. We will

Do our own thing and walk around Messina (and save a visit to Taormina for next time)! We are all enjoying the ship and don’t want to be off for too long 😉

Hi , we are cruising on Fantasia on 20th of July for the very first time .

How long is embarking and dissembarking process usually .?

I am on the first sitting is it a good thing? :D

We got Delux drinks packages is it including mini bar if anyone know?

Thank you very much and happy cruising :hearteyes:

Hi , we are cruising on Fantasia on 20th of July for the very first time .

How long is embarking and dissembarking process usually .?

I am on the first sitting is it a good thing? :D

We got Delux drinks packages is it including mini bar if anyone know?

Thank you very much and happy cruising :hearteyes:

Hi

We are cruising on Fantasia in October so be keen to read any review you may produce if that is your intention?

We have the same drink package & yes it does include the mini-bar in your cabin :p

Hi

We are cruising on Fantasia in October so be keen to read any review you may produce if that is your intention?

We have the same drink package & yes it does include the mini-bar in your cabin :p

Hi , yes will do the review , may be even do some menu pics , anything else ? I mean ask me now so I will include into my review .

Thanks for mini bar , as it doesn’t say on my drink package list but ppl mentioned it . ;p

Hi , yes will do the review , may be even do some menu pics , anything else ? I mean ask me now so I will include into my review .

Thanks for mini bar , as it doesn’t say on my drink package list but ppl mentioned it . ;p

Hi yes anything you do will be well appreciated by many on here including me!

We love to read that first hand experience & see pics etc ...I'm sure I'll have questions too lol

Yes that mini-bar is certainly included, the story is that it can be replenished to your preferences once you have engaged with your cabin attendant, as in not just refill with soda, beer, spirits, juices & snacks...but YOUR preferences within the said lines!

Fantastica! :p

Hi could you post some information on the drinks packages available? MSC told me the drinks packages are changing so what they have onboard and costs? Thanks

Hi wetwash,

how was the Pompeii excursion ?

4 hours for the excursion including coach transfer seems short for the visit of the site.

We are booked for Pompeii in early September.

Thanks.

The Pompeii excursion was fine - it was just a brief overview but the guide was knowledgeable and spoke English well so we saw/learned a lot. I think if you wanted a more extensive tour and/or more time there it would be necessary to go on your own or with a private tour but we were happy enough we went as we did and the benefit of the late afternoon tour was that it was a little bit cooler than earlier in the day!!