Viva La Vista Detailed Review April 15-21-2018 Photos, Funtimes,Menus, and More

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your review. By the way the frozen Costco hamburgers I get for large parties ... the instructions specify to cook on the grill frozen and to not thaw. Pretty sure that’s for any pre frozen hamburger. Sad that they are using frozen meat. Guess with that many people it’s not surprising.

After the tour of the kids club we headedback to our room to shower and get dressed for dinner. Each night thekids and I dressed up for dinner. I dress up daily for work and the kids dressup often when we go out to dinner and for school mass. I think I havemore dress clothing than casual wear.

Since we had yourtime dining my goal was to eat early enough to attend a show later thatevening. Once we were dressed we headed to Horizon's one of the maindining rooms, located on deck 3 aft. We were told by a woman standingbehind the desk that we needed to go up deck 5 to check in for dinner, oncechecked in we would then need to return to the Horizon’s on deck 3 to be seatedfor dinner. All three of us made the hike back up to deck 5. The YTDcheck in area was located adjacent to the counter of the ShakeSpot. We checked in and headed back down stairs. If you are wearinghigh heels as I was beware. I never understood why we had to go up to deck 5 each night to check in for YTD.

Here are the menus from the Horizons MDR fromour first evening on board.

IMG_0227-S.jpg

IMG_0228-S.jpg

IMG_0226-S.jpg

The tables were really close to each other. We go some really cold stares from a woman that clearly did not want us sitting next to her. My children we quiet and well behaved. Yet she kept clearing her throat and rolling her eyes the entire time. My son was uncomfortable and wanted to leave. I said to him loud enough for her to hear that we had just as much of a right to be there as she did. Our waiter was very professional and warm. I put in our entire order at once so that dinner service would move along quickly. This is something that I also do at home when dining out with my 5 year old.

Ellington was actually so tired that she fell asleep after a few bites of food. I let her sleep at the table while my son and I finished up dinner and dessert.

I have pictures of the food that I cannot seem to upload.

I had the skirt steak, my daughter had a pizza that was very large for a kids portion, and my son had chicken. Everything was tasty. I also had the warm chocolate cake for the 1st time. It was just as good as everyone claims it is.

We headed back to our room. It was only 8:30 or so and my daughter and I were in for the night. So much for the show that I wanted to see. I called myself resting for a few moments, only to wake up and find that it was now day two.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just read through your whole review and loved it! Beautiful family. I have a 15 year old son that attaches to my hip on vacation, too! My other son (13) is more than happy to run off, so I have learned to enjoy each style.

I also find it so frustrating that people would want to remove their gratuities, even if their service was subpar. To me, that gratuity is the base, no matter what you get. If they're good, give them more. These people work very hard for very little money. Good for you.

I loved your review. We are going on the Vista in December. Traveling with kids is always an adventure but you pulled it off magnificently! They are going to remember this forever. You have a beautiful family. It is a tribute to you that your son wanted to stay with you so much. Obviously you're a great mom!

Thanks for your review. By the way the frozen Costco hamburgers I get for large parties ... the instructions specify to cook on the grill frozen and to not thaw. Pretty sure that’s for any pre frozen hamburger. Sad that they are using frozen meat. Guess with that many people it’s not surprising.

except they're not using frozen pre-made burgers.

i did the Behind The Fun tour and in the cooler the Guy's burger meats were being properly thawed in the refrigerator.

the ground meat was in very large chubbs (Excel brand - http://excelfreshmeats.com/products/ground-beef/) and were NOT pre-formed burgers like Costco and other stores sell.

personally, if you want an exceptional or gourmet burger, of your own meat cuts, you'll have to grind meat yourself, which isn't that difficult if you have a food processor or grinder.

or if you prefer and are willing to pay for a Pat LaFrieda specialty ground burger (which are very high quality) http://shop.lafrieda.com/beef/burgers-dogs/burgers.html