Symphony or Liberty?

we are looking for a cruise December 15-22, we live in Houston- so could drive to port or use our ff miles and fly to Miami for Symphony. We’ve only sailed Disney lines, but our kids are all college aged and wanting to try a new line...which would be a better fit?

Either would be good IMO! I’ve been on Liberty and Harmony (+ Oasis, Allure, and most recently Freedom) and you can’t go wrong with either, for me I’d make the decision based on if you want to drive or fly! My next 2 cruises, while not yet booked, are planned to be Symphony and Independence, so I think you can tell how much I love Oasis and Freedom class ships! Either way, have a great time, you won’t be let down either way!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We'll be on the Symphony Dec. 15-22. I like the idea of the newest ship and I've been on Allure. These big ships are amazing in the variety of

things they offer, including entertainment and meal options. I've been to all these ports so the ship is the big attraction this trip.

I am certain you will enjoy whichever one you pick. Happy sailing!

we are looking for a cruise December 15-22, we live in Houston- so could drive to port or use our ff miles and fly to Miami for Symphony. We’ve only sailed Disney lines, but our kids are all college aged and wanting to try a new line...which would be a better fit?

If you are good with one of Liberty's itineraries, I'd take that option - no flying.

Thanks! Too many decisions! We could also sail out of San Juan, PR...we have never sailed the Southern Caribbean but have already sailed East and West...glad to know both ships are good!

Then I would add Freedom out of San Juan to your decision list. Two different Southern Caribbean itineraries to choose from.

Symphony hands down! We loved Liberty, but Symphony is a whole other level of nice/fun/exiting. It is a beautiful ship and the layout of the Oasis class handles the crowds way better than I expected. Even better than Freedom class IMHO with extra passengers to boot.

Since you will be driving Fog may not be a factor for you out of Galveston. We will not sail out of Galveston again anytime soon after our last Liberty cruise which included an 8hr fog delay.

Yes fog could definitely be an issue out of Galveston in December, but I don’t know if it would bother me enough to blow enough FF miles for 4 people to get to Miami! Do you think you’ll have another opportunity to go on Symphony at some point? I hear there are plans to bring an Oasis class ship to Galveston eventually, but it will probably be one of the older ones.

Thank you all! We booked Liberty! Definitely thinking of doing Symphony in May. This will be the test, if the family likes them-we’ve found a new cruise line! Have only sailed Disney, but hit most of their ports except for Baltic/Norway..we’ll go back to them when our kids start having kids