Best Sail away vantage point Carnival Breeze Port Canaveral

jsvarp

Could anyone advise me of a great ship location and/or deck that would be nice to enjoy a drink with my family just prior and after muster drill on the Carnival Breeze? Preferable near a bar but not required. I've sailed her twice before , and have always wanted to wave and say goodbye to complete strangers :D. Don't get me started on my desire to watch pier runners... I imagine they're more rare on sail away compared to leaving port?

I like starboard side, lido or spa deck when leaving Port Canaveral. You will pass by Fishlips restaurant where they have video cameras to record each ships departure. Wave to the people at the restaurant and when you get home you can view your departure and pick yourself out in the crowd. They pan the cameras well, wear something you can pick out in the crowd.

Don't get me started on my desire to watch pier runners... I imagine they're more rare on sail away compared to leaving port?

You won't find pier runners on embarkation day as everyone has to be on board 90 minutes before hand so if security lets you thru then there is no need to run

Could anyone advise me of a great ship location and/or deck that would be nice to enjoy a drink with my family just prior and after muster drill on the Carnival Breeze?

There really isn't a lot to see prior to the muster other than watching the semis unload supplies. In a lot of cases, the ship pulls out right at the end of the muster.

If you have a balcony cabin on the starboard side, that's one good place to be. Others on the starboard side are deck 11, or go to the bow of the ship from the decks that have access to it. There is nothing to see on the port side of the ship. As another poster said, you will pass by Fishlips, then I believe it's called Jetty Park or something like that where people line up along the shore to wave at the passing ships. Then it's out to sea.

• 11 months later...
27 minutes ago, Marilynn13 said:

Can Gold members join Platinum members in their VIP party for free drinks and all ???

No. 

Like several posters have mentioned, starboard is the place to be when leaving Port Canaveral.  Although on the port side you can see Cape Canaveral not too far away. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579

10 hours ago, Marilynn13 said:

Can Gold members join Platinum members in their VIP party for free drinks and all ???

9 hours ago, coevan said:

Is the a VIP sail away party? Been Platinum a while, never heard of this, or just not invited. 🤔

8 hours ago, Lottacruises said:

I haven't been invited either, what are they trying to tell us?

I think she's asking about the Platinum/Diamond party where the free drinks are served.