Dream Review July 1-8!

shu321

I am doing this excursion next month, so glad you enjoy and happy I picked it. What time did you get back to Cozumel and how much time before the ship left?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We got back with about an hour to spare to walk around the port. Boat isn’t docked far so it was a quick walk back on.

Enjoying your review! Thanks for taking the time to do this. It’s getting me more excited for our Dream cruise next month. [emoji846]

Awesome! Wish I could go back!!!

Thank you for your review, we will be going on the Dream for the first time in Feb.

We've been to Cozumel many times and always looking for something new. The excursion you did there, Cenote Hopping w/ Lunch Who did you book this through ? Was it a Carnival excursion ? It looks like a lot of fun !! Enjoying your pictures, I think I need to give that chocolate martini with the raspberry's a try :p

Thanks so much for the review. Can't wait to see more! Many congratulations to you and your husband for your 10th anniversary. You are just an adorable couple. :) The cenote excursion is the one my sister and I really wanted to do in Cozumel when we sail on the Dream in Feb 2019, but it hasn't been added yet for our cruise. Fingers crossed they will be adding it down the line...

We did that excursion last year (Cenote Hopping) and loved it as well. We booked thru Carnival but it took all day. The ferry ended up dropping us off right at the tender door on the Dream, we didn't get off and go through customs. I don't think I would risk booking it independently because of the time it takes.

Thank you for your review, we will be going on the Dream for the first time in Feb.

We've been to Cozumel many times and always looking for something new. The excursion you did there, Cenote Hopping w/ Lunch Who did you book this through ? Was it a Carnival excursion ? It looks like a lot of fun !! Enjoying your pictures, I think I need to give that chocolate martini with the raspberry's a try :p

Yes it was a carnival excursion and so much fun!

Thanks so much for the review. Can't wait to see more! Many congratulations to you and your husband for your 10th anniversary. You are just an adorable couple. :) The cenote excursion is the one my sister and I really wanted to do in Cozumel when we sail on the Dream in Feb 2019, but it hasn't been added yet for our cruise. Fingers crossed they will be adding it down the line...

Thank you! I hope they do add it, it was a blast!

We did that excursion last year (Cenote Hopping) and loved it as well. We booked thru Carnival but it took all day. The ferry ended up dropping us off right at the tender door on the Dream, we didn't get off and go through customs. I don't think I would risk booking it independently because of the time it takes.

Yes we were too scared to book independently.

Cozumel, cont.

Once we got back on the boat we ran up to our room, opened a bottle of wine and watched for some pier runners on our balcony. There was one Mom and her son. In their defense, they were on time, just got in line for the Valor, not the Dream. Everyone cheered them on as they ran back to us.

We showered up and headed to dinner. I had the spring roll to start, which was tasty. My husband had gazpacho (which he now says was his favorite from the whole trip), and we tried the braised rabbit appetizer. It had a nice flavor! We both had the lamb dish, which wasn’t what we expected. It had a very Indian type flavor, so if you aren’t into Indian food, I wouldn’t recommend that dish. We love Indian food so it was good! I had the chocolate tres leches cake and it was light and refreshing, and Adam had the melting cake.

After dinner we split ways and he went up to watch Ready Player One, and I went to watch the Motor City show. This is where we were glad we had the Hub app. We disconnected 100% from social media and internet on this trip, with the exception of the app. We loved getting the fun times and menus on it, and we bought the messaging feature to text one another. That night the movie was having issues, so he messaged me to meet up for the show.

Music in the show was great, however I can’t remember much, because I fell asleep by the end! The Cenote excursion was quite physical and I apparently was wiped out! After the show we went to bed because we had another early excursion in Belize!

Adam really wanted one of these masks for our five year old, so a funny picture of that from port.

18bee37e00d19c9c6849fcbc444e5b25.jpg

Super casual for dinner after that long day!

ccec40fde6a352f264722f102d82cb90.jpg

Belize, July 4th, Altun Ha

We didn’t have to be up nearly as early this day, so we had breakfast up on the Lido deck and then got our things and went to the Encore theater to wait for our tender. It was a smooth ride! Here is a picture I got of the Dream as we sailed away to the mainland.0828a5fd1e8016dca2ff69e62504bf9c.jpg

We got to the port, which seemed like a big party, and met our guide Amalia. The excursion was Altun Ha Mayan Ruins with a riverboat ride. In reality it was more of a boat and van ride than ruins which was disappointing. The river ride was beautiful and we saw dolphins jumping, manatees, monkeys, a crocodile, and iguanas. The boat ride was two hours and too long! It was a small boat as you can see! 8aa9c8260d779041303f210e9d926557.jpg

The views were beautiful though! 5d9201dbf00f8c62c93e609d7f5f2af2.jpg9af28093924e638c0371dc4ce0685c58.jpg

After the boat ride we got off at a restaurant called the Iguana stop that had iguanas roaming around. Lunch wasn’t included, and it wasn’t great. Chicken, rice with beans, a plantain, and a salad. After lunch we got on a van and rode about 50 minutes to Altun Ha. Here are a few pictures from that stop. My next post will be the Ruins.

90f114a38ce8a18eb9ffc4578326351f.jpg3cc8fa2075b8827d5446d1310a710674.jpg

Belize, continued...

After the 50 minute bus ride (which I slept on!) we made it to Altun Ha Ruins. We only had 30 minutes here which just plain sucked. If we ever go back, we’d book a private taxi to take us there so we could spend more time.

Our guide gave us a 15 minute overview of the site and then let us explore for the last 15. Any longer and we would’ve been late to get the tender back to the ship. I got some great pictures, but would’ve loved more time to read the signs and explore.

Would I book this one again? Probably not, but seeing the site was definitely awesome! e5e018e1e12a4ed128a181c7e2debdd2.jpgceae5a75d496361fdb714b750b7e21fc.jpg67bd70b71fb1b3c381cbb80c2754e4b3.jpgc608ad0d31a455c80527eddc7fadcc9e.jpg

aeaf891b43d3b0372b688855fafbdbf6.jpg8a6f5a40cfe48410474fae191eb5c6c8.jpg

If you do go back to Belize I highly recommend the Lamanai ruins tour. I’m really enjoying the review!

Did you book that one through carnival? I was conflicted as to which one to do.

Did you book that one through carnival? I was conflicted as to which one to do.

We used an independent company I found highly recommended by many on the ports section here. It’s been a few years but I have seen more current recommendations for them. I just can’t remember the name now and I’m not home with my info right now. We rarely use ship tours.