Website price different that call in price???

JMB1969

We are booked later this year in a balcony stateroom on the Getaway sailing to the western Caribbean. I was looking into the possibility of changing our stateroom to an aft-facing balcony. I did a mock booking on the NCL website, and saw the final price difference was only about $300 total, so I called NCL to see if we could switch staterooms.

I originally booked our cruise directly through the NCL website. Subsequent to that, I received email and mailings from a PCC. I called that PCC with some questions, and she was snippy and reluctant to help since I didnt book cruise thencruisenwithnher to begin with. When I'm told her I am calling because she sent me her information, she explained that was for "New bookings only." Ok, whatever. But that is why I am reluctant to call her again.

So I called NCL customer service, waited on hold for 45 minutes, only to be told that cost to move to aft balcony was almost $700 additional. I told him mock booking on website quoted only $300 more, but he stood by the $700 number. That was more than I wanted to pay, so kept original cabin.

That said, anyone have insight into the price discrepancy? Any suggestions as to how or if it is possible to get the website price? Appreciate any info or advice that you seasoned NCL cruisers have to offer.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-T813 using Forums mobile app

The only thing that jumps out at me is that the web should a per person price.

I am guessing you have hit the nail on the head. Only $300 to upgrade to an aft balcony doesn't seem right. The are usually much higher. As for people suggesting they call with the evidence of the lower price: this is like the grocery store showing a special in the paper, just to get there and see a note on the door with the correct price. All NCL will say, most likely is: that was a computer error. But still call them back and see if you can get some satisfaction, if nothing more than an acceptable explanation.

The only thing that jumps out at me is that the web should a per person price.
There was a per person price. I did a mock booking for the 3 of us, and total cost was the 300 more than total cost of our current balcony stateroom. I did call back, and got everything figured out and settled. Thanks everyone!

Sent from my SM-T813 using Forums mobile app