2 Champagne Bottles in Suitcase?

I read in a review it was "a rookie mistake" to pack wine bottles in a suitcase. Is it required we physically carry them on the ship? I certainly don't want the confiscated (very special bottles) but I can't imagine toting around 2 bottles for hours until we get to our room.

Thank you for advice!

I read in a review it was "a rookie mistake" to pack wine bottles in a suitcase. Is it required we physically carry them on the ship? I certainly don't want the confiscated (very special bottles) but I can't imagine toting around 2 bottles for hours until we get to our room.

Thank you for advice!

It's recommended (not required, but it is a rookie mistake to not do so) because bottles can break. Suitcases can and do get thrown around. We always carry ours. Almost everyone does. Get a wine carrier bag or put them in a backpack. Easy enough.

It's recommended (not required, but it is a rookie mistake to not do so) because bottles can break. Suitcases can and do get thrown around. We always carry ours. Almost everyone does. Get a wine carrier bag or put them in a backpack. Easy enough.

Ah...I didn't even think about them being broken. Thank you for your quick reply!!

Much better to carry on not only because of possible breakage but you could delay delivery. Bags can be pulled aside and sent to the naughty room. You would be called to identify to make sure you have legal wine and not liquor.

If you don’t want to carry around plan to board after 1:00. Cabins are available at 1:00.

Much better to carry on not only because of possible breakage but you could delay delivery. Bags can be pulled aside and sent to the naughty room. You would be called to identify to make sure you have legal wine and not liquor.

If you don’t want to carry around plan to board after 1:00. Cabins are available at 1:00.

I just realized that this could happen .. I am sure it could be a problem if they suspect it's liquor. We've never actually brought any wine on board before. I'll sweetly ask the hubs to take care of carrying the champagne in his back pack! Thank you so much for mentioning we could be delayed! First time out of this port (which is cool because we live an hour away!) and I'm unsure how well embarkation actually works.

Thank you for advice!

It's recommended (not required, but it is a rookie mistake to not do so)

According to Royal Caribbean it is indeed a (requirement) that wine or champagne (only) be placed into a passengers carry-on bag. I will drop the info below.

Royal Caribbean Alcohol Policy located @:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/onboard-alcohol-guest-policy

:)

Edited by ObstructedView2

According to Royal Caribbean it is indeed a (requirement) that wine or champagne (only) be placed into a passengers carry-on bag...:)

Most often, your bags are still delivered to your room. Next most probable case is you have to go to the naughty room so they can open your bags in front of you to verify that it's just wine. Never heard anyone here on CC report wine being confiscated just due to it being checked instead of carried on.

I'd still carry it on though as was already said.

We have done it both ways, sometimes in carry-ons, sometimes in luggage. We have gotten called to the naughty room a couple times (more like we've gone looking after other luggage has been delivered), but it's never been a big deal or a long line.

According to Royal Caribbean it is indeed a (requirement) that wine or champagne (only) be placed into a passengers carry-on bag. I will drop the info below.

Well there you go! I need to read the FAQ's. Thank you!

That’s new! Previous language suggested but do not require that it be in carry-on. I guess they got tired of holding so many folks bags at the naughty room

That’s new! Previous language suggested but do not require that it be in carry-on. I guess they got tired of holding so many folks bags at the naughty room

Yep, I don't think most of us had seen that language.

But, it is just common sense. It never entered my mind to put it in luggage that so obviously isn't treated like it's fragile, just like anytime your luggage is given to others to handle.