Decisions Decisions

Interesting thread. Personally I think you made the right choice and saved the 4K.

I don’t believe in being tight or cheap but I do believe in frugality. There’s a difference. Tight, cheap is when you refuse to spend money on yours or others enjoyment. Not tipping is cheap. Being frugal is still having fun and enjoying your money but doing it at less then you can afford. Ask most retirees who are millionaires and I bet alot of them fall into this category. Put that 4K into your retirement accounts or your kids college fund. You will all still have a great time.

We started traveling more once our kids left home for the very reason that you don’t always know how your health will be as you get older. Have fun and enjoy yourself, just do it wisely.

Don't pay any attention to those that say you are showing off. They are just envious that you can make the choice. We have cruised everything from the Suite Life to the inside "Cheap" cabins and will probably never go back to the Star Class. I had an expectation that my extended family would be treated well enough to justify the cost. It just didn't happen and I had set myself up for disappointment. I am with most everyone else. Use the $4000 to book another cruise.

Would you tell us more about your statement I changed to red. Are you speaking of extended family also in Star Class, or extended family in other accommodations?

Thanks so much.

M