mediterranean cruise - drinking the water???

We are going on the 8/23 Symphony of the Sea Mediterranean cruise. When we have traveled in Europe in the past, we have carefully avoided drinking the water so...my questions:

- is the water on the boat safe to drink?

- should we be avoiding drinking the water in Italy?

- I usually buy the coffee card and the 24 pack of bottled water (yes, I do guzzle the stuff). The water package price is hideous - $75. Can I buy it cheaper on land and bring it with me onboard?

Thanks for any help you can give

The water on board the ship is completely potable and safe to drink. Most of Western Europe, including Italy, has perfectly safe water to drink. Officially, it is not allowed to bring your own case of water, soda, etc. on board. In practice, I've seen lots of people do it without issue. Might be port specific though, depending on how strict they enforce the rules.

We are going on the 8/23 Symphony of the Sea Mediterranean cruise. When we have traveled in Europe in the past, we have carefully avoided drinking the water so...my questions:

- is the water on the boat safe to drink?

- should we be avoiding drinking the water in Italy?

- I usually buy the coffee card and the 24 pack of bottled water (yes, I do guzzle the stuff). The water package price is hideous - $75. Can I buy it cheaper on land and bring it with me onboard?

Thanks for any help you can give

The water is pretty safe to drink nowadays and we have had no problems at all drinking it.

The ship water is safe to drink.

I see no issues with drinking the water in Italy.

We have never had a problem bringing a few bottles of water back on board when sailing from any Mediterranean port its certainly much cheaper than the ship.

I have been on many all inclusive holidays in Europe as well as cruises-I would never drink the tap water there. We always buy bottled water.

Obviously the ship water is safe to drink

Obviously this is a personal decision and doesn´t say anything about how safe the water is to drink.:rolleyes:

In the US I find the tap water tastes like a swimming pool. It doesn't taste like that in the EU but it is strictly regulated. I hate chlorine taste so I will happily drink tap water in the EU but always bottled in the US (with the exception of national park hiking trail tap water which has never tasted of swimming pool).